Bill Gilberti is a leading authority on New York State environmental law and environmental litigation who has successfully argued issues that have helped define NYS environmental law. His experience also includes appellate practice and he has served as lead counsel in cases establishing key principles under the NYS Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA). Additionally, Bill's work includes environmental compliance issues relating to mining law, solid waste disposal, state and federal statutes, and water quality programs.
Bill has also provided strategic legal counsel to public and private sector clients on large-scale project development, including the build-out of a statewide wireless communications network and a proposal to construct the world’s longest underground direct-current electric transmission line.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Miami
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Court of Appeals
- Associated General Contractors
- Federal Bar Council
- National Association of State Land Reclamationists
- National Italian American Bar Association
- New York State Association of Solid Waste Management
- New York State Bar Association
- Gilberti Stinziano Heintz & Smith, P.C., Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer