Elder Law & Medicaid Planning
Our team has decades of experience working with elderly or incapacitated clients, including providing counsel during the health care decision-making process. We help our clients take proactive measures to best avoid the challenging financial complications and emotional toll that long-term care and unexpected medical expenses can present to an individual or their family members.
We counsel clients on potential courses of action which include guardianships and creating durable powers of attorney, living wills, health care proxies, and revocable “living” trusts––all designed to provide care and protection for our clients and to minimize or avoid court involvement. Our team also has significant experience managing the Community Medicaid and Chronic Care Medicaid application processes, frequently assisting clients who have out-of-town children or who simply need help navigating the complex process.
In addition to our robust trusts and estates planning services, we offer our elder law and Medicaid-planning clients assistance with legal matters that include:
- Caregiver agreements
- Elder abuse and fraud recovery
- End-of-life issues
- Long-term care placements in nursing homes and life-care communities
- Medicare, Medicaid, and NYS Partnership Long-Term Care insurance policy analysis, appeals, and litigation
- Nursing-home issues, such as patient rights and quality of living
- Prepaid funeral accounts
- Spousal allowances and transfers
- Spousal impoverishment
Our elder law and Medicaid-planning attorneys are highly cognizant of the sensitive, emotionally charged nature of these matters, and we strive to make our clients feel supported and secure through transparent communication. Our team takes deep satisfaction in helping our clients obtain peace of mind with the knowledge that, because of our firm’s legal assistance, they and their families will be well cared for.
Elder Law & Medicaid Planning Team Leader
Practice Area Alerts
- A “Radical” Option for Preventing Email Phishing Scams
- OMIG Releases 2018 SSL Certification Process Webinar
- Barclay Damon Awarded Injunction From NYS Supreme Court in Favor of Downstate DME Providers
- NYS Appellate Division Holds That SEC Disgorgement of Over $140 Million is an Uninsurable Penalty Under Professional Liability Policy