Bill Foster has concentrated his practice for the past 28 years in the representation of insurers in first and third-party matters handling personal injury defense, insurance coverage, and the investigation and defense of potential claims of insurance fraud, including trial and appellate representation.
Bill has handled product liability, intentional torts, business torts, insurance defense, defective products, dangerous conditions, labor law, strict liability, professional liability, fraud, and catastrophic personal injuries cases for Fortune 500 companies along with a variety of other industries. Bill has provided counsel to and defended municipalities in matters related to claims of property damage, wrongful death, and personal injury.
Bill litigates fraud and arson insurance defense matters as well as rendering coverage opinions and advice on complex property insurance claims. He has an extensive career working with insurance companies handling fire insurance and subrogation claims. Bill has lectured for the New York State Bar Association and several insurance claims organizations on insurance coverage and third-party defense issues.
Bill has been Peer Review rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability and was listed in Super Lawyers for Personal Injury Defense - Products and Insurance Coverage from 2008 to 2010 and 2015 to 2017.
- Syracuse University College of Law, cum laude; Justinian Honor Society, Executive Editor, Syracuse Law Review, 1988
- College of St. Rose, B.A., 1985
- Connecticut, 1988
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Albany County Bar Association
- "Insurance Coverage Trending Topics," New York State Bar Association, 2017
- “Insurance Coverage Fundamentals,” New York State Bar Association, 2015
- “Insurance Considerations for Premises Liability,” New York State Bar Association, 2015
- “Review of the New York Standard Fire Insurance Policy,” New York State Bar Association, May 2007
- Guest Lecturer, 22nd Albany Claims Association Fall Educational Workshop, October 2005
- “Homeowners Policy Purchase and Losses,” New York State Bar Association, March 2001
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Super Lawyers: Personal Injury Defense - Products and Insurance Coverage, 2008-2010, 2015-2017
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner
- Bouck, Holloway, Kiernan & Casey, LLP, Partner