Tara is also experienced in defending standard tort and personal injury claims, providing clients with courtroom defense and counsel on alternative dispute resolution. Tara applies her litigation skills to the area of labor and employment, defending employers before the Workers’ Compensation Board. She works closely with both the employer and its workers’ compensation carrier to ascertain the best course of action in any given matter.
- Represented insurance company’s client in a medical malpractice suit that was just weeks away from the start of trial, and achieved an extremely favorable settlement that was substantially lower than the plaintiff's demand.
- This legal malpractice action which included various other allegations including fraud and breach of fiduciary duty was nearly dismissed in its entirety by way of a summary judgment motion. Our success on the summary judgment motion lead to an extremely favorable settlement just prior to the start of trial.
- This was a legal malpractice trial involving premises liability which resulted in a favorable verdict for the defendant.
- This legal malpractice trial settled after several days of trial for a sum significantly less than what was sought by plaintiffs.
- This legal malpractice involved an underlying purchase of real property by the plaintiffs who alleged because of the defendant's negligence, they received less property than what they expected to receive in the transaction. This case went to a high low arbitration which resulted in the plaintiff being awarded a nominal amount.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2000
- Siena College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1997
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Counsel