Sheila Gaddis is a Partner in the firm’s Health Care & Human Services Practice Area. She is familiar with the operations, programs, staff and fiscal management and Medicaid Compliance issues facing not-for-profits.
Sheila serves as Chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee for the firm’s 210 attorneys. She advises firm leadership on effectively recruiting and using the productive talents, energy and creativity of a diverse workforce for maximum organizational effectiveness and best use of intellectual capital.
Gaddis is one of the founders of the firm's Women's Forum, another of the many D&I firm initiatives to proactively recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce at every level of firm leadership.
- Review corporate compliance handbook, train social workers and paraprofessionals on OMIG regulations, review documentation for compliance.
- Prepare compliance handbook and train staff on OMIG regulations.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Brooklyn College, B.A., cum laude, 1977
- New York, 1982
- New York State Bar Association, Special Committee on Funding for Civil Legal Services, Committee on Diversity & Inclusion, President’s Access to Justice Committee
- New York State Bar Association Pro Bono Coordinator’s Network
- New York State Project Directors Association
- Monroe County Bar Association, President’s Committee on Access to Justice, Bankruptcy Committee
- Rochester Black Bar Association
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
- New York Bar Foundation, Board Member and Fellow
- Attorney Grievance Committee of the Seventh Judicial District of New York State
- Council of Agency Executives
- New York State Bar Association and New York State Bar Foundation Joint Pro Bono Task Force, Areas of Need, Chair
- New York State Bar Association Special Committee on Re-entry, Co-Chair
- John Marshall High School, Academy of Law & Government Advisory Board
- Monroe Community College Paralegal Studies Program Advisory Board
- African American Legal Project Directors Association
- Finger Lakes Health Systems African American Health Status Task Force
- Rochester Women’s Network
- American Association of University Women Scholarship Committee
- Town of Brighton Monroe Avenue Corridor Steering Committee, Chair
- Frequent Panelist, Consultant or Program Reviewer for the following entities: American Bar Association Center for Pro Bono, New York State Bar Association, Monroe County Bar Association, Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys, Rochester Black Bar Association and American Association of University Women.
- Greater Rochester Women’s Council
- Town of Brighton Certificate of Appreciation , Council Member
- Outstanding Asset-Builder Award, Monroe County
- Nathaniel Award Recipient, 2009
- Urban League of Rochester, N.Y., Inc., 2009 Community Leadership Award for Outstanding Volunteer
- Rochester Business Alliance, Inc., 2008 Athena Award Finalist
- Community Service Award, Rochester Black Bar Association, 2007
- Recipient of several public service awards for outstanding community leadership from public officials and community-based organizations in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner
- Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County, current Executive Director
- Alaska Youth and Parent Foundation, Executive Director
- Phillips, Nizer, Benjamin, Krim & Ballon, Associate