Roy Z. Rotenberg
2000 Five Star Bank Plaza
100 Chestnut Street
Rochester, New York 14604
In his more than 30 years of practice, Roy has successfully counseled a wide variety of clients, from privately held businesses to major insurance companies. His practice includes all aspects of insurance litigation, representing carriers and their insureds in all types of matters. Roy’s experience also includes litigating claims involving contracts, real estate, leases, business dissolutions, commercial transactions, and shareholder and partnership disputes. Roy has litigated matters throughout New York State in state and federal courts and in arbitration. Roy has extensive training in mediation, having attended the rigorous mediation-skills training program at Northwestern University. He has used his mediation training to successfully negotiate settlements to the benefits of his clients in complex cases.
- Defense of catastrophic injury cases involving allegations of traumatic brain injuries as a result of automobile accidents
- Defense of premises liability, trucking accidents, construction accidents, products liability, sports accidents, automobile accidents, toxic torts, defamation actions and professional malpractice
- Successfully defended one of the nation’s largest banks in a class action suit
- Instrumental in prosecuting preference actions in one of the largest Ponzi frauds in U.S. history
- Litigation of commercial matters has included disputes relating to construction, breach of contract, mechanic’s liens, tax assessments, maritime, trademark, corporation, limited liability company and partnership dissolutions
- Litigation of real estate matters has included easement disputes, partition actions, leasing disputes, foreclosure actions and nuisance claims
- Represents property owners and contractors in New York State Labor Law cases
- Defense of landlords in lead paint lawsuits claiming cognitive and behavioral issues to children
- Represented professionals in malpractice actions
- Defense of trucking companies in personal injury suits
- Successfully prosecuted shareholders’ action and obtained a substantial award.
- Successfully representing individuals and businesses in arbitrations and mediations
- Represents clients in federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels as well as alternative resolution forums
- Successfully represented clients on appeals before the Appellate Divisions in New York and the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.