Roger has more than 25 years experience in transactional business law, including secured and unsecured financing transactions, commercial and municipal real estate financing and development, Money Service Business (MSB) regulation and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions. Roger regularly represents super-regional lending institutions, as well as borrowers, and has been involved in several historic real estate renovation developments. He also has extensive experience in the regulatory compliance of MSBs, locally, nationally and internationally. Roger’s transactional experience ranges from representing the small closely-held company to working on $1 billion transactions.
Roger is Chair of the firm’s Financial Institutions & Lending Practice Area. He has been frequently quoted in the financial press, including in publications such as USA Today, Bloomberg, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Forbes, Business Week, CNN Money.com, The Boston Globe, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune and The Philadelphia Enquirer.
Roger is an active community volunteer, having served the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County for more than 20 years, including currently being a member of the United Way’s Board of Directors, Executive Committee and as Chair of the Community Impact Cabinet. He is also a past president of Temple Sinai.
Roger received his Juris Doctor in 1986 from the SUNY Buffalo Law School, and his Masters in Business Administration, Corporate Finance, in 1987 from the SUNY Buffalo School of Management.
- Represented family-owned manufacturer in private equity injection and exit, and various financing transactions and acquisitions.
- Represented Eastern super-regional bank in $1 billion business transfer.
- Represented mid-Atlantic super-regional commercial bank in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented manufacturer in participated asset-based financing in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented multi-state multi-franchise auto floor planning firm in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented East Coast real estate developer in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented Northeast multi-facility manufacturer in various local secured financing transactions.
- Represented national real estate developer and operator in various local secured financing transactions.
- Represented real estate developer in Historic Tax Credits/New Market Tax Credits historical renovation development.
- Represented money services business in local, national, and international operational and regulatory compliance issues.
- Represented various municipalities in urban redevelopment projects.
- Represented municipality in general obligations $28 million and $103 million bond sales.
- Represented borrowers in various local secured financing transactions.
- Represented lender in Historic Tax Credit historical renovation development.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., 1986
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.B.A., 1987
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1983
- New York, 1988
- Erie County Bar Association
- United Way of Buffalo & Erie County, Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and Impact Cabinet Chair
- Martindale-Hubbell “BV” Peer Review Rated for High to Very High Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner