Roger has more than 25 years experience in transactional business law, including secured and unsecured financing transactions, commercial and municipal real estate financing and development, Money Service Business (MSB) regulation and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions. Roger regularly represents super-regional lending institutions and borrowers and has been involved in several historic real estate renovation developments. He also has extensive experience in the regulatory compliance of MSBs, locally, nationally, and internationally. Roger’s transactional experience ranges from representing small, closely-held companies to working on $1 billion transactions.
Roger the Financial Institutions & Lending Practice Area chair. He has been frequently quoted in the financial press, including in publications such as USA Today, Bloomberg, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Forbes, Business Week, CNN Money.com, The Boston Globe, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune and The Philadelphia Enquirer.
Roger is an active community volunteer, having served the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County for more than 20 years, including currently being a member of the United Way’s Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and chair of the Community Impact Cabinet. He is also a past president of Temple Sinai.
Roger received his JD from the University at Buffalo Law School and received his MBA in corporate finance from the UB School of Management.
- Represented a family-owned manufacturer in a private equity injection and exit and various financing transactions and acquisitions.
- Represented an Eastern super-regional bank in a $1 billion business transfer.
- Represented a mid-Atlantic super-regional commercial bank in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented a manufacturer in participated asset-based financing in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented a multi-state, multi-franchise auto floor planning firm in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented an East Coast real estate developer in regional secured financing transactions.
- Represented a Northeast multi-facility manufacturer in various local secured financing transactions.
- Represented a national real estate developer and operator in various local secured financing transactions.
- Represented a real estate developer in Historic Tax Credits/New Market Tax Credits historical renovation development.
- Represented a money services business in local, national, and international operational and regulatory compliance issues.
- Represented various municipalities in urban redevelopment projects.
- Represented a municipality in general obligations $28 million and $103 million bond sales.
- Represented borrowers in various local secured financing transactions.
- Represented a lender in Historic Tax Credit historical renovation development.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1986
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.B.A., 1987
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1983
- New York, 1988
- Erie County Bar Association
- United Way of Buffalo & Erie County, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee Member, Impact Cabinet Chair
- Martindale-Hubbell “BV” Peer Review Rated for High to Very High Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner