Robert J. Thorpe
Barclay Damon Tower
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
Robert J. Thorpe is a member of our Labor & Employment and Commercial Litigation Practice Areas. He has represented both private and public sector employers in all aspects of state and federal law. Rob regularly counsels clients in discrimination and harassment, hiring and termination strategies, and wage and hour matters.
- Regularly provide counsel and litigation support to employers regarding restrictive covenants and trade secret misappropriation disputes.
- Negotiated comprehensive executive employment agreement for not-for-profit organization.
- Represented municipality in arbitration concerning employee disciplinary matter involving workplace violence.
- Obtained numerous “No Probable Cause” determinations for employers in the defense of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims before the New York State Division of Human Rights.
- Frequently provide training and education seminars to employers on a variety of labor and employment issues.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of employer and two individual defendants in alleged age discrimination and retaliation case, and prevailed on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of employer in alleged disability discrimination case.