Rob Liddell has more than 20 years of experience as a business trial lawyer. Rob has represented corporate and individual clients in state and federal courts in business disputes involving creditors’ rights, fraud, employment issues, breach of contract, real property disputes, fraudulent conveyances, bankruptcy, class-actions, replevins, attachments, equipment leases and commercial and residential foreclosures.
Rob regularly counsels clients in commercial disputes regarding their rights as creditors. In a recent case he handled (County of Oswego Industrial Development Agency v. Fulton Cogeneration Associates, L.P., 391 Fed. Appx. 3 (2d Cir. 2010)), Rob utilized an attachment order to impose liens and liquidate a cogeneration turbine and other property of the debtor which led to the recovery of more than $5 million for an industrial development agency in unpaid PILOT agreement payments.
Rob is a frequent speaker and writer on creditors’ rights issues. He has presented at the New York State Bar Association continuing legal education seminar on “Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments.” He also co-authored several supplements to the New York State Bar Association’s publication of Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments.
- Obtained summary judgment of foreclosure on multi-unit apartment buildings on behalf of mortgage lender.
- Defended equipment leasing company in class action lawsuit through appeals resulting in favorable settlement prior to class certification.
- Recovered several million dollars in unpaid PILOT payments for industrial development agency client.
- On behalf of utility clients, obtained favorable settlements with, and enforced judgments against, numerous health care facilities for unpaid utility charges.
- Seized and repossessed construction equipment on behalf of equipment leasing client in several actions for replevin.
- On behalf of a bankruptcy trustee of an equipment leasing company, commenced, conducted motion practice and negotiated settlements of thousands of bankruptcy avoidance actions arising out of Ponzi scheme.
- Defended financial services company in class action lawsuit involving claim for recovery of insurance premiums.
- Recovered assets for creditor clients in bankruptcy liquidation proceedings.
- Recovered fraudulently conveyed machinery in action by equipment leasing client.
- Recovered brokerage fee on behalf of real estate broker client.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1990
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 1985
- New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Lease Enforcement Attorney Network
- Onondaga County Bar Foundation, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Syracuse University, Adjunct Professor, Business Organizations, 1997-2002
- “Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments,” CLE Seminar presented by the New York State Bar Association, June 2009
- "Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments," New York State Bar Association, co-author of 2008 supplement
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner