Rob has more than 25 years of experience as a business trial lawyer. Rob has represented corporate and individual clients in state and federal courts in business disputes involving creditors’ rights, fraud, employment issues, breach of contract, real property disputes, fraudulent conveyances, bankruptcy, class actions, torts, replevins, attachments, equipment leases, and commercial and residential foreclosures.
Rob regularly counsels clients in commercial disputes regarding their rights as creditors. For example, in County of Oswego Industrial Development Agency v. Fulton Cogeneration Associates, LP, Rob utilized an attachment order to impose liens and liquidate a cogeneration turbine and other property of the debtor, leading to the recovery of more than $5 million for an industrial development agency in unpaid PILOT agreement payments.
Rob is a frequent speaker and writer on creditors’ rights issues. He has presented at the New York State Bar Association CLE program on “Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments.” He also co-authored several supplements to the New York State Bar Association’s publication of Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments.
- Obtained summary judgment of foreclosure on multi-unit apartment buildings on behalf of a mortgage lender.
- Defended an equipment leasing company in a class action lawsuit through appeals resulting in a favorable settlement prior to class certification.
- Recovered several million in unpaid PILOT payments for an industrial development agency client.
- On behalf of utility clients, obtained favorable settlements with, and enforced judgments against, numerous health care facilities for unpaid utility charges.
- Seized and repossessed construction equipment on behalf of an equipment leasing client in several actions for replevin.
- On behalf of a bankruptcy trustee of an equipment leasing company, commenced, conducted motion practice, and negotiated settlements of thousands of bankruptcy avoidance actions arising out of Ponzi scheme.
- Defended a financial services company in a class action lawsuit involving claim for recovery of insurance premiums.
- Recovered assets for creditor clients in bankruptcy liquidation proceedings.
- Recovered fraudulently conveyed machinery in action by an equipment leasing client.
- Recovered a brokerage fee on behalf of a real estate broker client.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1990
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 1985
- New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Foundation, Former Board of Directors Member
- Syracuse University, Former Adjunct Professor in Business Organizations
- “Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments,” New York State Bar Association CLE, June 2009
- Co-Author, "Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments," New York State Bar Association, 2008
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner