Mindy routinely presents estate planning and elder-law workshops to the general public, financial advisors, and accountants, and conducts continuing education programs for CFPs and CPAs.
- Created and implemented a crisis Medicaid plan to preserve 65 percent of a client’s assets and to obtain Medicaid coverage.
- Created and implemented an asset-protection plan using an irrevocable Medicaid trust.
- Drafted first- and third-party supplemental-needs trusts to maximize pubic benefits while allowing clients to provide for their disabled child at their deaths.
- Created and implemented an estate plan to minimize estate taxes using irrevocable life-insurance trusts, Delaware dynasty trusts, and gifting shares in a closely held corporation.
- Successfully administered a complicated estate.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- University of Binghamton, B.A., 2002
- New York
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Law Section, Committee of the Elderly
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Buffalo Business First, “Medicaid Expansion Helps More New Yorkers Gain Insurance”
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Stars: Trusts & Estates, 2013-2017
- Damon Morey LLP, Associate
- Harris Beach PLLC, Associate