Mindy Menke represents clients on a broad range of personal and family planning matters. She concentrates her practice on estate and trust planning, estate administration, elder law, special needs planning, and asset protection. She also advises individual and fiduciary clients on federal and state estate and transfer tax issues. Mindy’s elder law practice includes asset protection planning, crisis Medicaid planning, as well as planning to qualify for Aid and Attendance benefits for Veterans.
Mindy presents estate planning and elder law workshops to the general public, financial advisors and accountants, and conducts continuing education programs for CFPs and CPAs. She has authored several articles on the topics of estate planning and elder law.
- Created and implemented crisis Medicaid plan to preserve 65% of client’s assets and obtain Medicaid coverage
- Created and implemented asset protection plan using Irrevocable Medicaid Trust
- Drafted first and third party supplemental needs trusts to maximize pubic benefits while allowing clients to provide for their disabled child at their death
- Created and implemented estate plan to minimize estate taxes utilizing Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Delaware Dynasty Trusts, gifting shares in a closely held corporation
- Successfully administered complicated estate
- University of Binghamton, B.A., 2002
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- New York
- New York State Bar Association, Trustees Estates Law Section, Elder Law Section
- Elderly and Disabled Committee of the New York State Bar Association Trusts & Estates Law Section, Vice-chairperson
- "Medicaid expansion covers more New Yorkers", Buffalo Business First, February 15, 2016
- Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2017 Rising Star for Trusts & Estates
- Damon Morey LLP, Associate
- Harris Beach PLLC, Associate