Mike Moore regularly assists developers and providers of cloud software, application services (ASPs), managed services (MSPs), customer relationship management software (CRM), and inbound marketing services. Mike’s hands-on experience with valuation negotiations, fundraising (seed, angel, and later rounds), financial reporting, forecasting, KPIs, and business analytics provides him with a strong business-focused perspective. He enjoys delivering the type of practical legal assistance that aligns with strategic goals while simultaneously accomplishing key business objectives.
Prior to entering private Practice, Mike was CFO and VP of Business Affairs of an award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) legal practice management provider. The majority of Mike’s career has been working at, and with, software and Internet companies.
Mike has presented several times on practical applications of new technology and was a regular contributor for “Legal Productivity”, a blog that provides fun, actionable advice to lawyers on the business of law.
He enjoys teaching, serving on emerging company Advisory Boards, helping entrepreneurs and studying leadership and team-building principles.
- Frequently represents entrepreneurs and business owners in all stages of growth, from initial structure, business plan development, and operational scaling issues (including team-building, incentive compensation and retention) through financing, strategic business transactions and exit.
- Regularly negotiates business-focused solutions to internal (employees, management, and Directors) and external (vendors, customers, affiliates) challenges and disputes in a practical, principled fashion.
- Advises and structures key business contracts, acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, and other critical transactions.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A.
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Business Management, M.B.A.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- “Share-A-Pet” program, pet-assisted therapy, Volunteer
- “Legal Project Management.” presented at VirtualLegalTech
- "Legal Productivity" Blog that provides fun actionable advice to Lawyers on the Business of Law
- Authored “Ridiculously Remarkable Legal Billing," Ebook
- Co-Authored “The Law Firm of Tomorrow,” Ebook
- “Injection Advertising Technology”, U.S. Patent 2010/0268585, issued May 26, 2010.
- SUNY-Buffalo Excellence in Teaching Award, Honorable mention
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Buffalo Law Review
- Damon Morey, Special Counsel
- Software-as-a-Service, CFO and VP of Business Affairs