Katie focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property litigation. She represents a broad spectrum of clients, from small businesses to multinational corporations, in connection with a full range of business, commercial, and intellectual property litigation matters in both federal and New York State courts.
Katie’s experience includes the prosecution and defense of clients in patent and trademark infringement cases. She has also represented clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, business torts, trusts and estates, and other matters. In addition, Katie has significant experience in litigation matters involving sophisticated electronic discovery issues and assists clients in understanding such electronic discovery issues, as well as reducing associated risks and costs throughout the life of a litigation.
Katie is Cornell Law School graduate and received her degree with a concentration in business law and regulation. She previously served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Norman A. Mordue of the Northern District of New York.
- Won a complete jury verdict of willful infringement of multiple patents and a $24 million damages award for the plaintiff, the patent owner and industry leader in coaxial cable connectors, against its leading competitor.
- Represented a leading US.manufacturing company in connection with the domestic and foreign enforcement of its extensive patent portfolio.
- Represented a manufacturing company and its customers in a multi-venue patent infringement dispute that was resolved favorably prior to trial.
- Defended an international computer software company in connection with patent infringement actions brought in the Eastern District of Texas and District of Delaware.
- Represented an international computer software company in connection with the enforcement of its trademark portfolio.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Rochester, B.A., 2003
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Committee on Legal Education & Admission to the Bar
- Innovation American Inn of Court, Member
- New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel Honoree, 2013
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York Pro Bono Service Honor Roll, 2012-2014
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Hon. Norman A. Mordue, Chief U.S. District Court Judge, Northern District of New York, Law Clerk
- Moquin & Daley, Summer Associate (2004 and 2005)
- Hale and Dorr Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School, Summer Student Attorney (2004)