Katie Cornish focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property litigation. She represents a broad spectrum of clients, from small businesses to multi-national corporations, in connection with a full range of business, commercial, and intellectual property litigation matters in both federal and New York State courts.
Katie’s experience includes the prosecution and defense of clients in patent and trademark infringement cases. She has also represented clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, business torts, trusts and estates, and other matters. In addition, Katie has significant experience in litigation matters involving sophisticated electronic discovery issues, and assists clients in understanding such electronic discovery issues as well as reducing associated risks and costs throughout the life of a litigation.
Katie is a graduate of Cornell Law School, and received her law degree with a concentration in business law and regulation. She previously served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Norman A. Mordue of the Northern District of New York.
- Won a complete jury verdict of willful infringement of multiple patents and a $24 million damages award for plaintiff, the patent owner and industry leader in coaxial cable connectors, against its leading competitor.
- Represented leading U.S. manufacturing company in connection with domestic and foreign enforcement of its extensive patent portfolio.
- Represented manufacturing company and its customers in a multi-venue patent infringement dispute that was resolved favorably prior to trial
- Defended international computer software company in connection with patent infringement actions brought in the Eastern District of Texas and District of Delaware.
- Represented international computer software company in connection with enforcement of its trademark portfolio.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Rochester, B.A., 2003
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Committee on Legal Education & Admission to the Bar
- Innovation American Inn of Court, Member
- Selected as a 2013 Empire State Counsel Honoree by the New York State Bar Association
- Recipient of 2012-2014 Honor Roll of Pro Bono Service for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Hon. Norman A. Mordue, Chief U.S. District Court Judge, Northern District of New York, Law Clerk
- Moquin & Daley, Summer Associate (2004 and 2005)
- Hale and Dorr Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School, Summer Student Attorney (2004)