John Sindoni has been practicing for more than 40 years in real estate, financial transactions and related business matters. He has represented a number of institutional mortgage lenders in all aspects of mortgage loan transactions secured by multiple family complexes, shopping centers and hotels. John also has extensive experience in asset recovery having represented lenders in mortgage foreclosure work. His experience also includes acting as counsel for industrial development agencies with respect to their involvement in real estate related transactions. John has represented numerous business and charities in their general corporate, trust and estates and real estate issues. He is counsel for national and local residential builders who are active in the New York State market. In addition, John provides services for title underwriters in the role of examining counsel and has represented title insurance companies in title defense claim work. John was formerly the Chair of the Real Estate Practice Area for Barclay Damon for more than 20 years.
Further, he collaborates with Barclay Damon litigation attorneys in connection with matters involving real estate including adverse possession, rights of way, and a variety of other litigation matters involving real estate.
John has extensive experience in leasing matters representing both landlord and tenant in negotiations for retail, office, manufacturing and shopping center lease transactions, as well as real estate development ground lease transactions. As examining counsel to several title insurance companies, John analyzes and examines real estate titles. In addition, John has supervised mortgage loan transactions for Barclay Damon for numerous lenders with a dedicated staff of paralegals and support personnel.
In addition, John as extensive experience in estate planning and counsels individuals and families in wealth management.
- Closed mortgage loan transaction for large boat storage and repair facility that required involvement with local IDA and SBA as related transactions. Transaction also required review of title work for multiple parcels as well as documentation for multiple mortgages on the facilities.
- Represented owner of multiple hotels and hospitality facilities in New York State in numerous mortgage finance transactions. We managed all aspects of the transactions including negotiating loan commitments, providing for title insurance, surveying and general corporate work.
- Represented a federal credit union in commercial mortgage loans involving multiple properties in various counties. Required extensive title examination for the multiple parcels.
- Matter involved extensive lease negotiations on behalf of a medical billing company. Required significant negotiations with respect to both the business and legal terms as well as a review of tenant work and landlord work.
- Matter involved negotiations for contract of sale for local hotel and restaurant. Involved extensive contract negotiations with national company and providing of all services necessary to conclude transaction.
- Represented utility in sale of property involving a complex relationship. This matter involved extensive review of ground lease and occupancy lease status.
- Worked on extremely challenging and complicated real estate acquisition which involved a multitude of serious title issues and sophisticated resolutions of title issues which allows client to construct a multi-million dollar facility on the acquired property.
- Represented client in the purchase and refinancing of multiple shopping centers located in multiple states. Worked on the acquisition and loan financing of transactions.
- Performed services as local counsel for lenders who have active loan practice in New York State, provide expertise in the review of title policies, negotiation of mortgage assignments and other related matters as New York counsel.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1970
- Holy Cross College, A.B., 1967
- New York, 1971
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Onondaga Community College’s Board of Trustees
- Knights of Malta Federal Association, Member
- On Point for College, Development Committee Member
- Franciscans in Collaborative Ministries, Board Member
- Catholic Charities, Syracuse Area, Former Board President
- Christian Brothers Academy, Board of Trustees Member, Former Board President
- Catholic Charities of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse, Former Board President
- Woodlawn Cemetery, Board Member
- Onondaga Community College Foundation, Former Board Member
- Christopher Community, Board Member
- Eldercare Foundation, Board Member
- Lectures to bar associations regarding mortgage foreclosures, real estate titles and practical real estate skills
- “Mortgage Foreclosures and Workouts,” New York State Bar Association, 2004-2010
- The Best Lawyers in America 2016 Syracuse Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law
- Catholic Charities of Onondaga County’s Monsignor Charles J. Brady Award, 2009
- Selected by Peer Review for Inclusion in Super Lawyer Directory 2010-2012 for Real Estate
- Catholic Charities of Onondaga County’s Bishop’s Medallion, 2000
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner