John Kelepurovski focuses his practice on business and corporate law matters. He represents all forms of business entities varying in size from sole proprietorships to publicly traded companies. As counsel to a vast array of business clients, John has extensive experience in handling an assortment of business transactions including entity formations, acquisitions and mergers, restructurings and dissolutions, and drafting and negotiating agreements integral to business operations and success. As part of his practice, John routinely provides counseling and solutions to complex legal issues encountered by businesses.
Advising clients on compliance matters is a large component of his practice. John serves as corporate counsel to a number of corporations (both for-profit and not-for-profit), local development corporations, educational institutions, and charter schools, and as part of his representation, he works closely with board members and officers in developing and overseeing corporate compliance programs, such as in the area of ethics, laws governing public authorities, antitrust, and other corporate governance issues, in addition to providing other legal services.
As a member of our Lobbying & Election Law Compliance Practice Area, John also assists businesses in complying with all applicable state and federal election laws, rules, and regulations. Using his business and corporate law background in conjunction with his interest and experience in election law, John regularly advises businesses on all matters associated with political activities at the state and federal level. His experience in this area includes advising clients on campaign finance rules and regulations, forming political action committees (PACs), and troubleshooting in the area of election law compliance.
Similarly, as a member of our Health Care & Human Services Practice Area, John has used his business and corporate background to assist physicians and other health care providers in forming and structuring partner relationships, negotiating and consummating practice acquisitions and sales, and providing general advice on day-to-day business matters.
- Represented a leading provider of innovative instrumentation processes in the acquisition of a multi-million environmental sensors product line.
- Represented a critical sensor technology company in the acquisition of a specialized environmental detection business.
- Representing a local development corporation in negotiating and structuring early stage equity investments in start-up companies.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest independent professional health administrators in the formation of an insurance company.
- Representing small businesses in various corporate transactions, including, without limitation, negotiation and drafting of license agreements, distributor agreements, sales representative agreements, terms and conditions of purchase and sale, and other corporate and contractual matters.
- Represented and formed numerous not-for-profit corporations, including successfully obtaining qualification under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Representing local universities in negotiating and partnering with overseas programs for purposes of offering education programs abroad.
- General counsel to various charter schools, which includes advising on an assortment of matters ranging from fiduciary obligations to education law compliance.
- Represented corporations and trade associations in the formation of state and federal political action committees and compliance with applicable election laws.
- Represented a health care group in the refinancing of a multi-million loan transaction.
- Represented a physician in negotiating his departure from a large health care practice, including advising on non-compete restrictions.
- Represented dentists, nurse practitioners, and audiologists in business incorporations and acquisitions of other practices.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., cum laude, 1996
- New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association Mock Trial Competition, Volunteer
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner