Jennifer Leonardi’s practice focuses on defending companies and individuals against claims in the areas of environmental exposure litigation, products liability, Workers’ Compensation, and general negligence.
Jennifer has an active practice that focuses on defending asbestos and lead paint claims. She represents individuals, professionals, and local and national businesses in all New York State Courts and in Federal Court for the Western District of New York. She handles various aspects of litigated matters, from pre-suit discovery through trial/resolution. In her day-to-day practice, she defends numerous depositions, often taking the lead for the multitude of defendants sued in asbestos cases.
While attending law school, Jennifer worked as a law clerk for a local Buffalo law firm and also served as a writing assistant to the Director of the Legal Writing Program at Villanova Law School, compiling various articles regarding The Federalist Papers and their influence on modern government.
- Representation of manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, and premise owners in defense of mass tort claims for exposure to asbestos in cases throughout New York State.
- Taking lead for defendants at depositions in asbestos-related lawsuits throughout New York State.
- Successfully prepared and argued numerous motions for summary judgment on behalf of various clients, including equipment manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors, in asbestos claims.
- Negotiated numerous voluntary dismissals for various clients in asbestos-related actions.
- Coordination with various experts in asbestos and lead paint related claims to defend actions at trial and/or negotiate settlement, where appropriate.
- Representation of property owners in defense of personal injury claims related to exposure to lead paint.
- Defended property owner at trial in lead paint action.
- Managing litigation and, where appropriate, negotiating settlement.
- Canisius College, summa cum laude, 2002
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2007
- New York State Bar Association
- Eric County Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of New York State
- Paralegal Studies Program at Daemen College, Board of Directors
- Special Olympics, Volunteer
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Volunteer
- Co-author of “New York Court Of Appeals Rejects ‘Reverse Engineering’ Method Of Reaching Expert Opinion On Causation In Toxic Tort Case,” Barclay Damon Legal Alert, February 2016
- “It’s Still Here!: The Continuing Battle Over Asbestos in America,” Villanova Environmental Law Journal, 16 VILL. ENVTL. L.J. 129, 2005
- Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2017, Rising Star for Civil Litigation: Defense
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner
- Gibson, McAskill & Crosby LLP, Law Clerk
- Gielowski, Federice & Caligiuri, LLP