Jennifer Flannery's practice focuses on trust and estate litigation, planning, and administration. Jennifer's trust and estate litigation practice includes will and trust contests, trust litigation, will construction proceedings, fiduciary litigation, fiduciary removal proceedings, accounting proceedings, spousal rights proceedings, and kinship proceedings.
Jennifer works with fiduciaries, beneficiaries, and creditors and handles guardianship matters and supplemental needs trust matters. She likewise handles litigated guardianship cases.
She was the recipient of both the University at Buffalo Law School’s Robert J. Connelly Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy and the Professor Louis DelCotto Award for Excellence in Taxation. While attending law school, she also served as a law clerk in the Erie County Surrogate’s Court and a teaching assistant for the law school’s estate planning course.
A frequent lecturer, Jennifer's most recently served as a lecturer on estate litigation and utilizing summary judgment and discovery tools in connection with probate disputes for the New York State Bar Association. Jennifer is certified with the New York State Office of Court Administration to receive fiduciary appointments as court evaluator, guardian, guardian ad litem, receiver, referee, and attorney for alleged incapacitated persons.
Jennifer is also an adjunct professor at Hilbert College in its legal studies department. Dedicated to the community, she received the New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel designation in 2011 for her commitment to providing pro bono service. Jennifer also serves as a Trusts & Estates Practice Area co-chair.
In 2017, Jennifer was appointed Erie County Surrogate’s Court public administrator.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association Trust and Estates Section
- Erie County Bar Association
- Surrogate's Court Practice Subcommittee
- Estate Analysts of Western New York
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, Inc., Professional Advisory Board Member
- UB Alumni G.O.L.D. Group, Treasurer and Education Committee Chair
- Canisius College Women’s Business Center, Advisory Board Member and Coaching Committee Member
- The Buffalo Prenatal Perinatal Network, Board of Directors Member and Personnel Committee Member
- "Q&A with Trusts and Estates Practitioners," Practice & Procedure in Surrogate’s Court Committee, February 2017
- "Planning for Changes in Disabilities Law," Buffalo Law Journal, February 22, 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: Rising Star for Estate & Trusts Litigation (2015-2017) and Estate & Probate (2014)
- Buffalo Business First, Legal Elite of Western New York, 2013
- Damon Morey LLP, Special Counsel