Jamie is a member of our Health Care & Human Services and Health Care Controversies Practice Areas, counseling health care providers regarding compliance programs, administrative audits and investigations, self-disclosures, HIPAA compliance, licensure issues, and other legal matters. She has also assisted in the litigation of complex health care matters and briefed civil actions and appeals in both state and federal court.
Jamie served as a law clerk for the Honorable Michael J. Garcia, Associate Judge for the New York State Court of Appeals. In this role, she drafted, revised, and finalized written decisions and gained valuable insight into the inner workings of New York’s highest court.
Jamie graduated summa cum laude from Albany Law School. While in law school, she was the recipient of the Trustees’ Second Prize awarded to the salutatorian, the John B. Lurie ’20 Memorial Prize, the White-Rosbrook Prize, and the Thomson Reuters Evidence Prize. Jamie was also a Albany Law Review senior editor and the founder and director of the Child Advocacy Pro Bono Project.
Prior to attending law school, Jamie received her master’s in social work from the University at Albany School of Social Welfare and completed the Center for Women in Government and Civil Society’s Fellowship on Women and Public Policy.
- Union College, B.S., cum laude, 2008
- State University of New York at Albany, M.S.W., 2012
- Albany Law School, J.D., Salutatorian, summa cum laude, 2015
- New York
- Capital District Women's Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Volunteer
- Global Volunteers
- "New York State Office of Medicaid Inspector General Update," NYSBA Health Law Journal
- "Brief Amicus Curiae New York State Association of Chiefs of Police in Support of Petitioners," United States of America v. James Alvin Castleman, November 21, 2013
- "The Elephant in the Seattle Court Room," Oregon Real Estate & Land Use Digest, No 1, Feb.-Mar., 2013
- The Honorable Michael J. Garcia, Associate Judge, New York State Court of Appeals, Law Clerk
- Barclay Damon LLP, Associate
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Summer Associate & Law Clerk
- Family Violence Litigation Clinic, Albany Law School Clinic and Justice Center, Legal Intern
- The Honorable Elizabeth J. Garry, New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division Third Department, Summer Judicial Intern
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services, Division of Child Care Services, Fellow on Women and Public Policy
- Prevent Child Abuse New York, Senior Helpline Associate