Harry serves as of counsel in the Commercial Litigation and Labor & Employment Practice Areas, focusing on complex business litigation matters. Harry has successfully represented clients in jury and bench trials in Massachusetts state and federal courts and in administrative proceedings and arbitrations, handling issues of contract disputes, trade secrets, confidential information and covenants not to compete, product liability, partnership disputes, wrongful termination, and employment discrimination.
Harry was the first person of African descent to be named partner in a major Boston firm, WilmerHale, where he practiced for 40 years and was assistant managing partner, litigation department vice-chair, and an executive committee member.
He has held significant roles in the legal community including, among others, Massachusetts Commission on Judicial Conduct chairman; Board of Bar Overseers of the Supreme Judicial Court member; American Bar Association Conference of Minority Partners in Majority/Corporate Law Firms advisory committee member; Boston Bar Association senior lawyers section co-chair; Northeastern University School of Law and Boston University College of Communication adjunct; and Harvard Law School trial advocacy workshops faculty member.
- Successfully defended a mutual fund advisor in merger litigation.
- Represented a breast implant manufacturer in a case that changed Massachusetts law regarding implied warranty duty to warn.
- Obtained a jury verdict for the defense in asbestos property damage litigation.
- Obtained awards for an automobile manufacturer in dealer termination arbitrations.
- Obtained jury verdicts and favorable appellate decisions in personal injury and property damage actions against a municipal water and sewer agency.
- Represented former employers in successful trade secret claims against former employees.
- Obtained defense jury verdicts in employment discrimination actions against an investment management company, federal reserve bank, life insurance company, and toy and games manufacturer.
- Successfully represented a defendant and counterclaim plaintiff in breach of contract and unfair business practice litigation.
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
- Wilmington College, B.A.
- Massachusetts CLE: Business Litigation Conference and Bench Bar Conference, Former Faculty Member
- Massachusetts Commission on Judicial Conduct, Former Chairman
- Board of Bar Overseers of the Supreme Judicial Court, Former Member
- American Bar Association Conference of Minority Partners in Majority/Corporate Law Firms, Former Advisory Committee Member
- Northeastern University School of Law, Former Adjunct
- Boston University College of Communication, Former Adjunct
- Northeastern University, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, and Boston Foundation for Sight, Former Trustee
- Massachusetts Thrift Institution Fund for Economic Development, Former Director
- Profile, “The Past Is Prologue,” Wilmington College’s Link Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America Business Litigation
- Boston Magazine Massachusetts Super Lawyer in Business Litigation
- Lawyers Weekly Diversity Hero
- Wilmington College Honorary Degree
- WilmerHale, Assistant Managing Partner, Senior Partner, Junior Partner, Associate