Frank Lyman is a transactional lawyer. Currently, most of his assignments are in renewable energy project financings. He counsels and represents project participants, most often developers, but also off-takers, project landlords, and financing parties. Frank’s clients are located across the United States. He advises on all energy-related contracts, including engineering and construction, land acquisition, fuel supply and transportation, power sales, thermal energy sales, and financing.
In his roles as as a businessman, government official, and attorney, much of Frank's experience involved the energy sector. He was a manager of supply and distribution operations with Mobil Oil and held several senior positions in the US Department of Energy. He was also the director of storage development operations for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Frank assisted in overseeing program offices responsible for commercializing emerging energy technology in the areas of combined cycle generation, advanced coal combustion, uranium enrichment, small scale hydro, and geothermal energy.
Frank’s activities in private energy law practice have included nuclear facility licensing and regulation; small-scale hydro facility licensing; solid waste transfer station, landfill, and waste-to-energy facility development, finance, and regulation; gas and oil-fired combined cycle cogeneration facility development; gas and electricity industry restructuring; and utility work-outs of IPP contracts.
Frank’s considerable experience in other matters affecting businesses includes company organization, governance, and regulation; sales and acquisitions of both asset and equity interests; real estate contracts and leases; and asset-backed and receivables-based financing and project finance.
In addition to serving as of counsel at Barclay Damon, Frank is a partner at McCauley Lyman LLC.
- Manhattan College, B.S., 1966
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh, M.A., cum laude, 1971
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 1979
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Chesapeake Yachts, President
- Cogen Energy Technology, Chief Operations Officer and General Counsel
- Nixon, Hargrave, Devans & Doyle, Of Counsel
- Lyman & Shaw, Partner
- Leboeuf, Lamb, Leiby & Macrae, Associate
- Department of Energy, Federal Energy Office, Federal Energy Administration
- Mobil Oil Corporation, Assistant Plant Manager
- US Army, United States and Germany, Infantry Operations Officer