Ned Trombly is an experienced business and transactional attorney who focuses his practice on financial transactions, real estate and advising business entities. He has represented lenders and borrowers in all types of secured lending transactions, including real estate secured, asset based and mezzanine loans. He has also provided representation in transactions utilizing municipal bonds, letters of credit and other credit enhancement vehicles.
Ned has acted as counsel to landlords, tenants, sellers and buyers in lease and transfer transactions, including exchanges, and the development of property for retail, office, manufacturing and other purposes. He has utilized his financing and real estate experience to provide counsel to lenders and borrowers in work out and restructuring transactions. Ned has also provided advice in the formation, governance and ongoing business activities of business entities, including not-for-profit corporations.
He is a Practice Group Leader at Large, a past member of the firm’s Management Committee, past Chair of its Associates Committee, past member of its Compensation Committee, past Chair of its Financial Institutions & Lending Practice Area, past Practice Group Leader of its Financial Services Practice Group and is a member of its Associates Committee. Ned is the past Chair and current member of the Board of Directors and Executive and Audit Committees of the Center for Disability Services and a past member of the Board of Directors of Fort Orange Financial Corp., The Academy of the Holy Name and the Albany Police and Fire Foundation.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1970
- Villanova University, B.S., 1967
- New York, 1971
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Center for Disability Services Corporation, Board of Directors, Executive and Audit Committee Member and past Chair
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- The Best Lawyers’ Albany Real Estate Law Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner