Meghan's practice is focused on defending clients against toxic exposure and premises liability claims, from pre-trial discovery to depositions, motion practice, settlement, trial preparation, and appeals. Meghan has experience representing product manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors in asbestos exposure cases, as well as businesses, commercial property owners, and homeowners in lead paint matters and premises liability cases.
Meghan is a member of the firm’s Diversity Leadership Team, which works to foster and maintain an inclusive, diverse workplace. As a member of the DLT, Meghan helps organize community involvement and outreach activities in Western New York. While in law school, Meghan served as a Buffalo Law Review publications editor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a property owner to dismiss a claim of toxic lead exposure based on lack of notice and successfully defended the subsequent appeal by the plaintiff to the New York State Appellate Division and Court of Appeals.
- Represented commercial property owners in premises liability actions.
- Represented property owners in New York State Labor Law cases.
- Successfully negotiated with insurance carriers and their insureds to pay for the defense and indemnification of several clients based upon analysis of contracts, leasesm and insurance coverage issues, resulting in significant cost savings to the firm's clients.
- Conducts depositions of plaintiffs, defendants, and non-party witnesses in premises liability, asbestos, and lead paint claims.
- Manages post-settlement procedures for several large asbestos clients, including analysis and preparation of necessary release documents and potential Medicare/Medicaid liens and reporting requirements pursuant to the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1395y(b).
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a large asbestos client in multiple jurisdictions.
- Villanova University, B.A., 2005
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York
- Erie County Bar Association
- YWCA of WNY, Former Board of Directors Member
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Star: Personal Injury - Products: Defense, 2017, 2018
- Damon Morey LLP, Associate
- Gibson, McAskill & Crosby LLP, Associate