A former Barclay Damon summer associate, Dena graduated summa cum laude from Albany Law School, where she was a member of the Albany Law Review. While in law school, Dena served as an Albany County Family Court law clerk to Judge Susan Kushner. She also interned in the Albany Law School Government Law Center and the Albany Law School Clinic & Justice Center Health Law Clinic.
Prior to attending law school, Dena received her MSW from the University at Buffalo.
- Albany Law School, J.D., summa cum laude; Albany Law Review; Dean Thomas Sponsler Honors Teaching Fellows Program; OUTLaw, President; Prisoners’ Rights Pro Bono Project, Project Director
- University at Buffalo, M.S.W.
- State University of New York at Brockport, B.S.
- Delta Phi Epsilon International Sorority, Union College Zeta Kappa Chapter, Academic Affairs Advisor
- Albany Law Review, “The Hon. Paul G. Feinman: A New Voice on the Court of Appeals,” 2018
- Albany Law Review, “Justice or Injustice?: A History and Critique of the New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People With Special Needs,” 2017
- Albany Law School, Eva E. Bastow and Honorable Earle C. Bastow ’19 Memorial Scholarship, 2015-2018
- Albany Law School, Friedman Prize, 2018
- Albany Law School, Gold Public Service Award, 2018
- Albany Law School, John B. Lurie ’20 Memorial Prize, 2018
- Albany Law School, Moscowitz Health Law Clinic Prize, 2018
- In Our Own Voices, LGBT Community Advocacy Award, 2017
- Prisoners’ Legal Services of New York, Robert F. Bensing Award, 2017
- Barclay Damon LLP, Summer Associate
- Albany Law School Government Law Center, Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship Legal Intern
- Albany Law School Clinic & Justice Center, Health Law Clinic, Legal Intern
- Albany County Family Court to Judge Susan Kushner, Summer Legal Intern