Brad Gallagher is an experienced trial lawyer and focuses his practice on helping hospitals, independent pharmacies and other health care organizations resolve complex disputes. He has a successful track record of delivering favorable and cost-effective results through direct negotiations, alternative dispute resolution, and litigation in New York and New Jersey state and federal courts.
Brad served as a law clerk for Judge Stuart Peim of the Superior Court of New Jersey and as an intern for Magistrate Judge George H. Lowe of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York.
While attending law school, Brad earned a Corporate Counsel Certificate signifying his completion of advanced coursework in the negotiation and resolution of complex disputes in the areas of contract, labor and employment, and intellectual property law.
- Defended an assisted living residence against allegations that it operated as an unlicensed residential healthcare facility/nursing home in violation of state and federal laws, including the New York Public Health Law, Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act and the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. Obtained a favorable settlement among the multiple plaintiffs, insurance companies and co-defendants.
- Obtained dismissals of multiple complaints alleging dental malpractice against the facilities and the dentists providing care.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for owners, general contractors and subcontractors in multi-party construction cases involving issues with roofing, siding, fire suppression systems and excavation work.
- Obtained transfers of risk for clients in premises liability and labor law actions.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2003
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- New York, 2007
- New Jersey, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Zoning Board of Appeals Member, City of Saratoga Springs
- New York State Bar Association, Reimbursement, Enforcement and Compliance Committee
- "The Disappearance of the Great American Indian Athlete," ABA Ent. & Sports Law, Vol. 24, No. 3, Fall 2006
- Landman Corsi Ballaine & Ford P.C., Of Counsel