Amanda primarily handles general corporate and real estate matters, focusing on general liability and NY civil-procedure issues. She works with lenders to prevent foreclosures, and her experience includes mortgage-foreclosure negotiations, modifications, proceedings, and settlements. Amanda also has experience in subcontractor liability and municipal-jurisdiction matters.
Amanda is skilled in handling all stages of a matter, from initial advisement through litigation, and she represents clients at preliminary and compliance conferences. She routinely conducts research for contract and medical-record review, reports, pleadings, and discovery demands and responses; prepares materials for expert review; and drafts answers, pretrial motions, and memoranda.
- Negotiated settlements for property owners in cases involving various premises-liability matters, including ceiling collapses and trip and falls.
- Obtained a dismissal of a complaint alleging a subcontractor owed a duty to maintain the subject premises.
- Obtained favorable verdicts in bench trials involving a storage facility’s enforcement of liens against a stored property.
- Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude; Touro Law Review
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A.
- New York
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Touro Law Review, “Miranda or its Equivalent: The Two “W’s” of Reasonable Conveyance”
- Touro Law Review, “I’m in the Pursuit of Your Property: How the Government Disguises a Taking”
- Touro College, CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Mortgage Foreclosure Clinic, 2016
- Touro College, Honors Program Scholar, 2015
- Kerley, Walsh, Matera & Cinquemani, PC, Associate
- Construction and Realty Services Group, Inc., Legal Assistant
- Touro Law Center Mortgage Foreclosure Clinic, Clinical Intern
- Nassau County Supreme Court, Commercial Division to Judge Vito DeStefano, Legal Intern
- Nassau County Attorney’s Office, General Litigation Bureau, Legal Intern