Amanda concentrates her practice in the areas of public finance, financial institutions and lending and real estate. She works with municipalities, school districts and government agencies including various industrial development agencies and local development corporations throughout New York to structure public finance transactions including PILOT Agreements, bond issuances and straight-lease transactions.
Amanda handles and negotiates real estate acquisitions, sale transactions, and financing for various clients including institutional lenders, development companies, small businesses and energy-industry companies. Amanda provides support in connection with real estate matters involving easements and rights of way, adverse possession and title research.
Prior to joining the firm, Amanda worked at Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP where she represented parties in the acquisition and financing of commercial and residential real estate transactions, conducted legal research for the firm’s municipal clients and provided estate planning and administration counsel.
Amanda received her Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Boston University and her law degree, magna cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School. While in law school, Amanda was appointed Vice President of the National Women's Law Students Association for two terms. Amanda is admitted to practice in New York.
Amanda is a member of the firm's Women's Forum, which helps create opportunities for personal and professional growth among business women throughout the community.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Jurisprudence Award: Corporations, Jurisprudence Award: Antitrust, Jurisprudence Award: Administrative Law, National Women's Law Students Association, 2013
- Boston University, B.S., 2010
- New York, 2014
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP, Associate
- New Leaf Legal, Intern
- Greater Boston Legal Services, Intern and CORI Advocate
- Harlem and Jervis Law Office, Intern
- Predicting Credit Risk of Colleges and Universities: Brand and Reputation Count
- Request for Grant Applications for Higher Education Capital Matching Grant Program Posted on DASNY'S Website
- Appellate Division Overturns Lower Court Decision in Article 78 Proceeding and Finds Rational Basis for Industrial Development Agency’s Denial of Financial Assistance for Retail Project
- Qualified Management Agreements: New IRS Guidelines