Barclay Damon Receives NYS Bar Association Award for Pro Bono Service
February 1, 2017—Barclay Damon was named an Empire State Counsel Honoree by the New York State Bar Association for exemplary pro bono work performed in 2016. The award was presented to Barclay Damon Partner Sheila A. Gaddis at the Bar Association’s Annual Justice for All Luncheon, held in New York City. Gaddis serves as the longstanding Diversity Partner of the firm.
Barclay Damon was selected for the award based on the number of the firm’s attorneys who each performed 50 or more hours of pro bono service in 2016. The 22 attorneys who achieved this high mark completed 1,788 hours of service in total. They are:
- Albany: Naresh K. Kannan, Caitlin J. Monjeau, Joseph A. Murphy, and Bella S. Satra
- Boston: Joseph L. Stanganelli
- Buffalo: Karim A. Abdulla, Lydia H. Beebe Safulko, Kimberly A. Colaiacovo, Jennifer G. Flannery, Claire H. Fortin, Eric T. Glynn, and Mengyi Xu
- Clarence: Corey A. Auerbach
- Elmira: Jeremy J. Hourihan
- Rochester: Gabriel L. Bouvet-Boisclair, Sanjeev Devabhakthuni, and Danielle E. Mettler-LaFeir
- Syracuse: Kayla A. Arias, M. Eric Galvez, Ross M. Greenky, Sang Eun Lee, and Kathleen S. Weber
Heather L. Sunser, the firm’s Pro Bono Partner, said, “Barclay Damon has a long history of giving back to the communities we serve through our commitment to pro bono work. We are honored to receive this prestigious award, especially as it comes so soon after achieving first place on Buffalo Law Journal’s list of law firms ranked by the amount of pro bono legal services provided in Western New York and also reaching 100 percent pro bono participation among our associate attorneys.”
The free legal services Barclay Damon provides each year to those in need are valued in the range of $600,000 to $1 million.
Listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, Barclay Damon is a full-service law firm that provides comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 33 practice areas. For more information on the firm, visit barclaydamon.com.