Barclay Damon is committed to recruiting, promoting, mentoring and retaining women attorneys. The Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific environment. Our goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership development, client development, professional development and marketing.
It’s also a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. It affords members opportunities to strengthen and develop skills in an inclusive environment. Every few months, the Forum holds a number of internal and external events, including an all day session featuring nationally-recognized speaker and author Deborah Epstein Henry, Founder & President of Law & Reorder, who spoke on the topic of “Networking and Business Development for Women: Beyond Rubber Chicken Dinners.”
Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific setting. The goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership, client and professional development as well as marketing. It also serves as a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. One of the outcomes of these sessions was our Alternative Work arrangement, which allows for a flexible work schedule, and ten percent of our Associates have taken advantage of this arrangement.
Each year Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum hosts a series of networking events. These events provide an excellent opportunity for women professionals to network and socialize with women from a wide range of businesses, not-for-profit corporations and local governments, while enjoying local historical buildings and museums. We encourage guests who attend our events to extend the invitation to other women who might be interested in learning more about Barclay Damon and meeting other professionals in their area. Our Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse offices host annual events, if you are interested in learning more about the Women's Forum or attending an upcoming event, please contact any of our women attorneys.
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing