Barclay Damon is committed to recruiting, promoting, mentoring and retaining women attorneys. The Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific environment. Our goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership development, client development, professional development and marketing.
It’s also a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. It affords members opportunities to strengthen and develop skills in an inclusive environment. Every few months, the Forum holds a number of internal and external events, including an all day session featuring nationally-recognized speaker and author Deborah Epstein Henry, Founder & President of Law & Reorder, who spoke on the topic of “Networking and Business Development for Women: Beyond Rubber Chicken Dinners.”
Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific setting. The goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership, client and professional development as well as marketing. It also serves as a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. One of the outcomes of these sessions was our Alternative Work arrangement, which allows for a flexible work schedule, and ten percent of our Associates have taken advantage of this arrangement.
Each year Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum hosts a series of networking events. These events provide an excellent opportunity for women professionals to network and socialize with women from a wide range of businesses, not-for-profit corporations and local governments, while enjoying local historical buildings and museums. We encourage guests who attend our events to extend the invitation to other women who might be interested in learning more about Barclay Damon and meeting other professionals in their area. Our Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse offices host annual events, if you are interested in learning more about the Women's Forum or attending an upcoming event, please contact any of our women attorneys.
- Fifty-One Barclay Damon Attorneys to Be Featured in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America
- Eighty Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 NY Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Sara Payne Featured on Capital Pressroom Medical Marijuana Episode
- Kelsey Till Thompson Joins Barclay Damon as Associate
- Examining Beneficial Ownership and Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence
- NY Federal Judge Rules Male Coach Can Bring a Sex Discrimination Claim Based on Alleged Title IX Violations Affecting a Women’s Sports Program
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced