Tompkins County SHRM Presentation: New York State Paid Family Leave Act
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
8:30 am - 10:30 am
Country Club of Ithaca
189 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, New York 14850
The New York State Workers' Compensation Board and Department of Financial Services have issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act will be implemented. This seminar will review the final regulations and forms which employers will be required to comply with.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Who is Eligible?
- Covered Employers
- What is Family Care?
- What is a Serious Health Condition?
- Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
- Benefit Amount
- Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
- Certification Requirements & Forms
- Coordination with Other Leave Requirements
- Record Retention & Notice Requirements for Employers
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Chris Cardillo and Charlie Martorana Interviewed by Buffalo Law Journal
- Attorney Shannon Howley Joins Barclay Damon
- David Burch Interviewed by Politico
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators
- US Department of Labor Proposes Rule to Update and Clarify “Regular Rate” Requirements
- Unexecuted Indemnification Agreement Not Retroactive Once Executed