Salary History Discrimination
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Gilroy, Kernan & Kernan, Inc.
210 Clinton Road
New Hartford, New York 13413
New York State is at the forefront of new employment based prohibited inquiries related to requesting certain salary information from applicants. Recently, New York City and Albany County have implemented local laws which prohibit certain employers from making salary history inquiries of applicants, and classify such inquiries as illegal discriminatory conduct. This seminar will provide employers with and overview of:
A. New York City Salary Discrimination Statute
B. Albany County Salary Discrimination Statute
C. Best Practices
D. Review of other applicable federal, state and local issues.
E. Future Compliance Issues
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Achieve 100-Percent Pro Bono Participation for Second Year in a Row
- Barclay Damon Welcomes Back Attorney David Glasel
- Buffalo Business First: Meet Emerging Attorney Bridget Steele
- Attorney David Fulvio Joins Barclay Damon
- Secondary Drug Wholesalers Get Some Relief in Federal Action Challenging VAWD-Accreditation Standards
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Version 2.0: Will the Carrot-and-Stick Approach Increase ACO Participation?
- Department of Health and Human Services Releases Cybersecurity Guidance and Resources Tailored to Health Industry
- Indemnification Provision in Alarm-Monitoring Contract Valid Despite Unresolved Questions of Fact Regarding Gross Negligence