Kentucky Mineral Law Conference
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:00 am - Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:00 am
Hyatt Regency Lexington
401 West High Street
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Michael Oropallo, will present at the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference on the topic "Is the Sky Falling? Never Mind “Chicken Little” – Pay Attention to the Lesser Prairie Chicken and the Endangered Species Act!".
The Endangered Species Act has become a frequently used tool by opponents of mining and development. Once a species is listed as endangered, vast areas can be immediately off-limits to production. For example, the Lesser Prairie Chicken was recently listed as “threatened” under the Endangered Species Act. This can result in potentially catastrophic ramiﬁcations for the energy and mining industry. This presentation will identify potential ramiﬁcations of ESA listings and possible citizen suits on mining and development; explain the ESA’s “critical habitat” and “incidental take” provisions; include a discussion on pending litigation involving these laws and their potential impact on the energy and mining industries; and focus on practical and proactive ways to avoid traps for the unwary.
- Barclay Damon Assists with Gardens in Arts Neighborhood
- Column: The ethical obligation of cybersecurity
- Barclay Damon Tower Reveals Rooftop Terrace at Grand Opening
- Barclay Damon Continues to Aggressively Grow its IP Team, Adding Accomplished Life Sciences and Patent Litigators
- Cyber Liability Insurance - Pitfalls in Coverage
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors