Kentucky Mineral Law Conference
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:00 am - Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:00 am
Hyatt Regency Lexington
401 West High Street
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Michael Oropallo, will present at the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference on the topic "Is the Sky Falling? Never Mind “Chicken Little” – Pay Attention to the Lesser Prairie Chicken and the Endangered Species Act!".
The Endangered Species Act has become a frequently used tool by opponents of mining and development. Once a species is listed as endangered, vast areas can be immediately off-limits to production. For example, the Lesser Prairie Chicken was recently listed as “threatened” under the Endangered Species Act. This can result in potentially catastrophic ramiﬁcations for the energy and mining industry. This presentation will identify potential ramiﬁcations of ESA listings and possible citizen suits on mining and development; explain the ESA’s “critical habitat” and “incidental take” provisions; include a discussion on pending litigation involving these laws and their potential impact on the energy and mining industries; and focus on practical and proactive ways to avoid traps for the unwary.
- Barclay Damon Litigator Linda Clark to Receive Scheindlin Award For Excellence in the Courtroom
- Gilberti Combo Earns Media Praise
- Energy-Environmental Gilberti Firm Combines With Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Partner Joseph Finnerty Honored by Investigative Post
- NYSDEC to Promulgate New Rule Regulating Air Emissions From the Oil and Gas Industry
- Colleges and Universities Targeted in Trending ADA Website Accessibility Litigation
- Appellate Division First Department Reaffirms “Interfamilial Immunity” From Contribution
- Plaintiffs Are Entitled To Prompt Payment Of A Settlement, But Non-Parties Are Not