Kentucky Mineral Law Conference
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:00 am - Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:00 am
Hyatt Regency Lexington
401 West High Street
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Michael Oropallo, will present at the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference on the topic "Is the Sky Falling? Never Mind “Chicken Little” – Pay Attention to the Lesser Prairie Chicken and the Endangered Species Act!".
The Endangered Species Act has become a frequently used tool by opponents of mining and development. Once a species is listed as endangered, vast areas can be immediately off-limits to production. For example, the Lesser Prairie Chicken was recently listed as “threatened” under the Endangered Species Act. This can result in potentially catastrophic ramiﬁcations for the energy and mining industry. This presentation will identify potential ramiﬁcations of ESA listings and possible citizen suits on mining and development; explain the ESA’s “critical habitat” and “incidental take” provisions; include a discussion on pending litigation involving these laws and their potential impact on the energy and mining industries; and focus on practical and proactive ways to avoid traps for the unwary.
- Robert Barrer Receives Prestigious Burton Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Roy Rotenberg Joins Barclay Damon's Torts & Products Liability Team
- Barclay Damon Acknowledged for Extraordinary Pro Bono and Community Contributions
- Insurance Coverage Team Welcomes Well-Respected Trial Lawyer and Partner Kevin Szczepanski
- New York Court Holds That Privileged Statement to Insurer May be Discoverable
- General Release Failed to Prevent Future Third-Party Personal Injury Claim For Contribution and Indemnification
- Will State Medicaid Fraud Control Units Be Allowed To Prosecute Abuse and Neglect In All Settings?
- NPs and PAs Can Now Officially Prescribe Buprenorphine for Opiate Dependency Treatment in New York