Kentucky Mineral Law Conference
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:00 am - Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:00 am
Hyatt Regency Lexington
401 West High Street
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Michael Oropallo, will present at the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference on the topic "Is the Sky Falling? Never Mind “Chicken Little” – Pay Attention to the Lesser Prairie Chicken and the Endangered Species Act!".
The Endangered Species Act has become a frequently used tool by opponents of mining and development. Once a species is listed as endangered, vast areas can be immediately off-limits to production. For example, the Lesser Prairie Chicken was recently listed as “threatened” under the Endangered Species Act. This can result in potentially catastrophic ramiﬁcations for the energy and mining industry. This presentation will identify potential ramiﬁcations of ESA listings and possible citizen suits on mining and development; explain the ESA’s “critical habitat” and “incidental take” provisions; include a discussion on pending litigation involving these laws and their potential impact on the energy and mining industries; and focus on practical and proactive ways to avoid traps for the unwary.
- John Gutkoski to Moderate at ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference
- The Buffalo News: After Maziarz Probe, a Question: What Happened to Campaign Funds?
- Central New York Business Journal: Barclay Damon: Federal Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DeWitt Firm in Infringement Case
- Bill Cable Joins Barclay Damon as Office Manager
- US Department of Labor Releases New Fact Sheet for Higher Ed on Overtime Pay
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Reinstates Limits on Medicaid’s Third-Party Rights to Settlement Awards
- Providers Face Uncertainty on Fees for Copying Medical Records
- Federal Communications Commission Approves New Rules Exempting Small Cell Wireless Facilities From NHPA/NEPA Review