IPPNY Annual Energy and the Environment Showcase & Spring Conference
Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:30 pm - Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:00 pm
Desmond Hotel & Conference Center
660 Albany Shaker Road
Albany, N.Y. 12211
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Maureen O. Helmer, will be a moderator at the Independent Power Producers of New York, Inc. (IPPNY) Spring Energy and the Environment Conference, "Energy in the 21st Century: Commemorating 15 Years of Competitive Market Transition."
The spring conference regularly attracts well over 100 energy industry executives, policy makers and members of the financial and legal communities. New York is celebrating its 15th year of restructured energy markets. In recognition of this milestone, this year's conference will feature panels including former FERC Chairs and Commissioners as well as NYISO leaders to discuss the evolution of energy markets over the past two decades..
Helmer, former Chair of the New York Public Service Commission, will moderate the session "From Regulation to Competition: Part 2" on Wednesday, May 6. Panel members for this session are current and former heads of the New York Independent System Operator and include William Museler, currently a Board Member of the Ontario Electric System Operator & International Transmission Company; Mark Lynch, President and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E; and Stephen Whitley, the current President and CEO of the New York ISO.
IPPNY is fortunate to have confirmed the following speakers from FERC: former Chair Pat Wood, III former Commissioners Nora Mead Brownell, Suedeen Kelly, and William Massey, as well as former New York State PSC Chairman William Flynn as moderator.
The spring conference will also feature updates from the Assembly and Senate Energy Chairs as well as a panel discussion on power plant and cyber security.
For more information and a complete agenda of the Conference, click here.
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing