IPPNY Annual Energy and the Environment Showcase & Spring Conference
Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:30 pm - Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:00 pm
Desmond Hotel & Conference Center
660 Albany Shaker Road
Albany, N.Y. 12211
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Maureen O. Helmer, will be a moderator at the Independent Power Producers of New York, Inc. (IPPNY) Spring Energy and the Environment Conference, "Energy in the 21st Century: Commemorating 15 Years of Competitive Market Transition."
The spring conference regularly attracts well over 100 energy industry executives, policy makers and members of the financial and legal communities. New York is celebrating its 15th year of restructured energy markets. In recognition of this milestone, this year's conference will feature panels including former FERC Chairs and Commissioners as well as NYISO leaders to discuss the evolution of energy markets over the past two decades..
Helmer, former Chair of the New York Public Service Commission, will moderate the session "From Regulation to Competition: Part 2" on Wednesday, May 6. Panel members for this session are current and former heads of the New York Independent System Operator and include William Museler, currently a Board Member of the Ontario Electric System Operator & International Transmission Company; Mark Lynch, President and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E; and Stephen Whitley, the current President and CEO of the New York ISO.
IPPNY is fortunate to have confirmed the following speakers from FERC: former Chair Pat Wood, III former Commissioners Nora Mead Brownell, Suedeen Kelly, and William Massey, as well as former New York State PSC Chairman William Flynn as moderator.
The spring conference will also feature updates from the Assembly and Senate Energy Chairs as well as a panel discussion on power plant and cyber security.
For more information and a complete agenda of the Conference, click here.
- Column: Private Activity Bonds repeal — The true cost of tax reform
- Proactive Brand Protection Strategies For Pharma Innovators
- Cahill ’83 Elected Deputy Managing Partner at Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team 2018
- Precautionary "Wet Floor" Signs Do Not Imply Actual or Constructive Notice of a Slippery Condition
- Request for Grant Applications for Higher Education Capital Matching Grant Program Posted on DASNY'S Website
- Pending Tax Legislation Update
- NYSDEC to Promulgate New Rule Regulating Air Emissions From the Oil and Gas Industry