IPPNY Annual Energy and the Environment Showcase & Spring Conference
Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:30 pm - Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:00 pm
Desmond Hotel & Conference Center
660 Albany Shaker Road
Albany, N.Y. 12211
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Maureen O. Helmer, will be a moderator at the Independent Power Producers of New York, Inc. (IPPNY) Spring Energy and the Environment Conference, "Energy in the 21st Century: Commemorating 15 Years of Competitive Market Transition."
The spring conference regularly attracts well over 100 energy industry executives, policy makers and members of the financial and legal communities. New York is celebrating its 15th year of restructured energy markets. In recognition of this milestone, this year's conference will feature panels including former FERC Chairs and Commissioners as well as NYISO leaders to discuss the evolution of energy markets over the past two decades..
Helmer, former Chair of the New York Public Service Commission, will moderate the session "From Regulation to Competition: Part 2" on Wednesday, May 6. Panel members for this session are current and former heads of the New York Independent System Operator and include William Museler, currently a Board Member of the Ontario Electric System Operator & International Transmission Company; Mark Lynch, President and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E; and Stephen Whitley, the current President and CEO of the New York ISO.
IPPNY is fortunate to have confirmed the following speakers from FERC: former Chair Pat Wood, III former Commissioners Nora Mead Brownell, Suedeen Kelly, and William Massey, as well as former New York State PSC Chairman William Flynn as moderator.
The spring conference will also feature updates from the Assembly and Senate Energy Chairs as well as a panel discussion on power plant and cyber security.
For more information and a complete agenda of the Conference, click here.
- Catching the school bus on Transit Road: this is safe?
- Tim Green Releases 36th Book, Touchdown Kid, Available Now
- Ryan G. Ganzenmuller Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Elects M. Cornelia Cahill Deputy Managing Partner
- Provider Due Process Under Fire Amid Flurry of Network Terminations
- New York State Accepting Applications for Growing and Processing Industrial Hemp
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases