Hatch-Waxman Litigation: The Evolving Legal and Regulatory Framework
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Since the enactment of the Hatch-Waxman Act, significant alterations to the pharmaceutical industry have taken place, especially in the approval of generic drugs. Years before the approval of the Act, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) has helped generic companies to get regulatory approval by filing an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA). Nevertheless, only a few number of generic drug have successfully entered the market.
Since the approval of the Act, the number of generic drugs successfully reaching the market has remarkably increased. However, along with the remarkable upsurge in figures, risks and litigation threats arising from Hatch-Waxman have also increased.
Join a panel of key thought leaders and professionals assembled by The Knowledge Group in a LIVE Webcast as they bring the audience to a road beyond the basics of bringing or defending against Hatch-Waxman Litigation and as they delve into the in-depth analysis of the current trends and recent court rulings surrounding this significant topic. Speakers will also provide the audience with practical strategies in bringing out the best in these lawsuits in a rapidly evolving legal climate.
Key topics include:
Hatch-Waxman Act: Fundamentals
Litigation Trends and Pitfalls
Recent Court Decisions
Scope, Privileges and Limitations
Trends, Developments and What Lies Ahead in 2018
- Fifty-One Barclay Damon Attorneys to Be Featured in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America
- Eighty Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 NY Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Sara Payne Featured on Capital Pressroom Medical Marijuana Episode
- Kelsey Till Thompson Joins Barclay Damon as Associate
- Examining Beneficial Ownership and Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence
- NY Federal Judge Rules Male Coach Can Bring a Sex Discrimination Claim Based on Alleged Title IX Violations Affecting a Women’s Sports Program
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced