H&B Webinar: Aggregation of Air Emissions for the Oil and Gas Industry - What Does Adjacency Really Mean
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Online Webinar at your computer.
This one hour webinar will cover aggregation of air emissions which has become a hot topic for the oil and gas industry and continues to be a moving target as exemplified by a key federal appeals court decision issued just days ago. This presentation will begin with an overview of the issue, including the pertinent regulatory provisions and what it means in terms of the permitting of oil and gas facilities under the Clean Air Act. Next, it will detail the relatively recent regulatory evolution of the issue, starting with the 2007 Wehrum Memorandum issued by the EPA, which focused on physical proximity to define adjacency, continuing with the 2009 withdrawal of the Wehrum Memorandum, which reversed course and focused on the concept of functional relatedness to define adjacency, and then, the Sixth Circuit’s decision in Summit Petroleum wherein the court found that the term “adjacent” refers only to physical proximity and that the EPA inappropriately defined it to include an assessment of the functional relationship between activities.
The presentation will then address the EPA’s response to the Summit decision (the Summit Directive), the recent court case vacating the Summit Directive and provide a detailed look at how aggregation is being addressed in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia as well as how it may be handled in New York.
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors
- New York State Expands Opportunities for Industrial Hemp Production and Processing