False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, N.Y. 13202
Hiscock & Barclay Partner, Gabriel M. Nugent Co-Chairs this False Claims Act Seminar sponsored by the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association.
The NDNY-FCBA CLE Committee will present the program: "False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar", a two part seminar on Wednesday, April 22, 2015, in Syracuse.
The civil False Claims Act is one of the fastest growing areas of federal litigation, particularly because of its unique qui tam provisions, which allow private citizens to file suit alleging fraud on behalf of the government. If the government prevails in the action, the whistleblower (known as a "relator") receives up to 30 percent of the recovery. The U.S. Department of Justice obtained a record $5.69 billion in settlements and judgments from civil cases involving fraud and false claims against the government last fiscal year alone, with whistleblowers receiving $435 million.
- Catching the school bus on Transit Road: this is safe?
- Tim Green Releases 36th Book, Touchdown Kid, Available Now
- Ryan G. Ganzenmuller Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Elects M. Cornelia Cahill Deputy Managing Partner
- Provider Due Process Under Fire Amid Flurry of Network Terminations
- New York State Accepting Applications for Growing and Processing Industrial Hemp
- A Second New York State Appellate Court Rejects the Department of Labor’s “13-Hour Rule” and Finds That Home Care Attendants Working 24-Hour Shifts Must Be Compensated for All 24-Hours
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases