False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, N.Y. 13202
Hiscock & Barclay Partner, Gabriel M. Nugent Co-Chairs this False Claims Act Seminar sponsored by the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association.
The NDNY-FCBA CLE Committee will present the program: "False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar", a two part seminar on Wednesday, April 22, 2015, in Syracuse.
The civil False Claims Act is one of the fastest growing areas of federal litigation, particularly because of its unique qui tam provisions, which allow private citizens to file suit alleging fraud on behalf of the government. If the government prevails in the action, the whistleblower (known as a "relator") receives up to 30 percent of the recovery. The U.S. Department of Justice obtained a record $5.69 billion in settlements and judgments from civil cases involving fraud and false claims against the government last fiscal year alone, with whistleblowers receiving $435 million.
- Column: Private Activity Bonds repeal — The true cost of tax reform
- Proactive Brand Protection Strategies For Pharma Innovators
- Cahill ’83 Elected Deputy Managing Partner at Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team 2018
- Precautionary "Wet Floor" Signs Do Not Imply Actual or Constructive Notice of a Slippery Condition
- Request for Grant Applications for Higher Education Capital Matching Grant Program Posted on DASNY'S Website
- Pending Tax Legislation Update
- NYSDEC to Promulgate New Rule Regulating Air Emissions From the Oil and Gas Industry