False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, N.Y. 13202
Hiscock & Barclay Partner, Gabriel M. Nugent Co-Chairs this False Claims Act Seminar sponsored by the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association.
The NDNY-FCBA CLE Committee will present the program: "False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar", a two part seminar on Wednesday, April 22, 2015, in Syracuse.
The civil False Claims Act is one of the fastest growing areas of federal litigation, particularly because of its unique qui tam provisions, which allow private citizens to file suit alleging fraud on behalf of the government. If the government prevails in the action, the whistleblower (known as a "relator") receives up to 30 percent of the recovery. The U.S. Department of Justice obtained a record $5.69 billion in settlements and judgments from civil cases involving fraud and false claims against the government last fiscal year alone, with whistleblowers receiving $435 million.
- Fifty-One Barclay Damon Attorneys to Be Featured in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America
- Eighty Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 NY Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Sara Payne Featured on Capital Pressroom Medical Marijuana Episode
- Kelsey Till Thompson Joins Barclay Damon as Associate
- Examining Beneficial Ownership and Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence
- NY Federal Judge Rules Male Coach Can Bring a Sex Discrimination Claim Based on Alleged Title IX Violations Affecting a Women’s Sports Program
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced