False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, N.Y. 13202
Hiscock & Barclay Partner, Gabriel M. Nugent Co-Chairs this False Claims Act Seminar sponsored by the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association.
The NDNY-FCBA CLE Committee will present the program: "False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar", a two part seminar on Wednesday, April 22, 2015, in Syracuse.
The civil False Claims Act is one of the fastest growing areas of federal litigation, particularly because of its unique qui tam provisions, which allow private citizens to file suit alleging fraud on behalf of the government. If the government prevails in the action, the whistleblower (known as a "relator") receives up to 30 percent of the recovery. The U.S. Department of Justice obtained a record $5.69 billion in settlements and judgments from civil cases involving fraud and false claims against the government last fiscal year alone, with whistleblowers receiving $435 million.
- Roy Rotenberg Joins Barclay Damon's Torts & Products Liability Team
- Barclay Damon Acknowledged for Extraordinary Pro Bono and Community Contributions
- Insurance Coverage Team Welcomes Well-Respected Trial Lawyer and Partner Kevin Szczepanski
- Stacy A. Marris Joins Barclay Damon's Rochester Office
- Will State Medicaid Fraud Control Units Be Allowed To Prosecute Abuse and Neglect In All Settings?
- NPs and PAs Can Now Officially Prescribe Buprenorphine for Opiate Dependency Treatment in New York
- Federal Court Affirms Broad Protection for Employee’s Use of Social Media
- Appellate Divisions Affirm Dismissals in Pair of Domestic Animal Injury Cases