False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
James M. Hanley Federal Building
100 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, N.Y. 13202
Hiscock & Barclay Partner, Gabriel M. Nugent Co-Chairs this False Claims Act Seminar sponsored by the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association.
The NDNY-FCBA CLE Committee will present the program: "False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar", a two part seminar on Wednesday, April 22, 2015, in Syracuse.
The civil False Claims Act is one of the fastest growing areas of federal litigation, particularly because of its unique qui tam provisions, which allow private citizens to file suit alleging fraud on behalf of the government. If the government prevails in the action, the whistleblower (known as a "relator") receives up to 30 percent of the recovery. The U.S. Department of Justice obtained a record $5.69 billion in settlements and judgments from civil cases involving fraud and false claims against the government last fiscal year alone, with whistleblowers receiving $435 million.
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Attorney Shannon Howley Joins Barclay Damon
- Chris Cardillo and Charlie Martorana Interviewed by Buffalo Law Journal
- David Burch Interviewed by Politico
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators
- US Department of Labor Proposes Rule to Update and Clarify “Regular Rate” Requirements
- Unexecuted Indemnification Agreement Not Retroactive Once Executed