Cross-Border Seminar: IRS Reporting and Enforcement Affecting Canadians: Avoiding or Negotiating the Maze
Monday, November 2, 2015
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Ontario Bar Association
20 Toronto Street
Toronto, Ontario M5C 2B8
This Cross-Border seminar is the first ever collaboration presented by the Ontario Bar Association and Chartered Professional Accountants Ontario on the topic: IRS Reporting and Enforcement Affecting Canadians: Avoiding or Negotiating the Maze.
Highlights of the seminar include:
- “Renunciation, a well-known way out: Perils and pitfalls,” Eileen M. Martin, partner, Barclay Damon
- “Relinquishment, a little-known way out: Opportunities and benefits,” Eileen Martin, Barclay Damon
- “FATCA, FBAR, and OVDI: Streamlined filing procedures, and what to do if there’s no way out,” Dean Smith, partner, Cadesky and Associates
- “FATCA: Court challenges to the legality of the Canada-U.S. intergovernmental agreement,” David E. Gruber, partner, Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP and co-counsel in a lawsuit against the Canadian government
5:00 PM Networking Reception
6:00 PM Program:
- Opening Remarks: Lauren Rachlin, Program Co-Chair and partner, Barclay Damon; John Sinclair Sinclair, Program Co-Chair and partner, Collins Barrows LLP, Ed Upenieks, OBA President; and Carol Wilding, CPA Ontario President and CEO.
- Speakers: Eileen Martin, Barclay Damon; Dean Smith, Cadesky and Associates; and David Gruber, Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP
7:00 PM Q&A
Who Should Attend? All accountants and lawyers with clients concerned about U.S. reporting requirements; Canadians who may have U.S. tax obligations.
Seating is limited and reservations are required. Click on the REGISTER button above to register.
This seminar is sponsored by Barclay Damon, LLP; Cadesky and Associates LLP; Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C.; and Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP.
- Robert Barrer Receives Prestigious Burton Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Roy Rotenberg Joins Barclay Damon's Torts & Products Liability Team
- Barclay Damon Acknowledged for Extraordinary Pro Bono and Community Contributions
- Insurance Coverage Team Welcomes Well-Respected Trial Lawyer and Partner Kevin Szczepanski
- General Release Failed to Prevent Future Third-Party Personal Injury Claim For Contribution and Indemnification
- Will State Medicaid Fraud Control Units Be Allowed To Prosecute Abuse and Neglect In All Settings?
- NPs and PAs Can Now Officially Prescribe Buprenorphine for Opiate Dependency Treatment in New York
- Federal Court Affirms Broad Protection for Employee’s Use of Social Media