Awards & Recognition
Barclay Damon is proud to showcase the recognition the firm and our attorneys have achieved.
Chambers & Partners
Chambers USA has ranked three Barclay Damon practices among the top in their geographical areas. They are Corporate/M&A and Litigation: General Commercial, both in Upstate New York, and Energy: State Regulatory & Wholesale Electric Market, in New York State.
In addition, Chambers singled out as notable practitioners James J. Canfield, Richard J. Day, Jon P. Devendorf, Michael E. Ferdman, Christopher T. Greene, Maureen O. Helmer, Gabriel M. Nugent, and George M. Pond.
About the firm’s Corporate/M&A practice, Chambers says Barclay Damon’s team is known for its “skilled corporate department with proficiency across a spectrum of key practice areas, including securities, business formation, and transactional matters.” Praise cited from clients includes, “Barclay Damon has been a huge asset to our organization. Its client service has been remarkable,” and “The team works well together, communicates to the client in a timely manner, and genuinely protects the client's best interests.”
About the Litigation: General Commercial practice, Chambers praises the firm’s “strong civil litigation practice [and] impressive presence in the Buffalo market, advising on a range of commercial disputes for public and private companies.” The guide quotes a client saying, “I feel we get tremendous value for the service.”
About the Energy: State Regulatory & Wholesale Electric Market practice, Chambers says Barclay Damon is known for its “strong team [that is] equipped to handle the full spectrum of energy cases, from environmental and regulatory matters, to M&A, land use, and public policy issues.”
Chambers singles out the following individuals for recognition:
- James Canfield, Corporate/M&A, ranked since 2015; Chambers says, “Sources say he is ‘committed to getting deals done . . . he makes sure his client has the protection necessary.”
- Richard Day, Corporate/M&A, ranked since 2015; Chambers says, “Clients describe Richard Day as ‘accessible, very responsive, and knowledgeable.’”
- Jon Devendorf, Litigation: General Commercial, ranked since 2015; Chambers says, “His practice features a range of commercial, real estate, and white-collar litigation.”
- Michael Ferdman, Litigation: General Commercial, ranked since 2015; Chambers says he “is a well-regarded trial attorney [who peers describe as] ‘a professional advocate’ who is always well prepared for cases.”
- Christopher Greene, Corporate/M&A, ranked since 2015; Chambers says, “Market sources think highly of Christopher Greene, who is described as ‘a terrific lawyer.’”
- Maureen Helmer, Energy: State Regulatory & Wholesale Electric Market, ranked since 2013; Chambers says, “Clients praise her sound counsel, saying she is an example of a practitioner who ‘brings a wealth and depth of experience to a working relationship.’”
- Gabriel Nugent, Litigation: General Commercial, first ranked this year; Chambers quotes a client saying, “He has been phenomenal in handling all our legal needs . . . I've called him on off hours, early mornings; he's always available.”
- George Pond, Energy: State Regulatory & Wholesale Electric Market, ranked since 2011; Chambers says, “He is sought for his advice on utility contracts and restructuring energy companies.”
Chambers has published guides to the legal profession since 1990. With a team of over 150 full-time researchers, the guide’s staff identifies and ranks the world`s best lawyers and law firms based on objective research and in-depth interviews with clients.