Wil is a member of the firm’s Health Care Controversies, Commercial Litigation, and Mass & Toxic Torts Practice Areas. Wil capitalizes on skills acquired in his experience representing corporate entities in litigation and regulatory enforcement matters, including acting as liaison counsel for a joint defense group of more than 400 defendants. Wil has extensive experience in preparing motions and accompanying briefs at all levels of the state and federal court system.
Wil graduated magna cum laude from New York Law School, where he was the executive editor of the New York Law School Review. While in law school, he also served as a judicial extern for US District Court Judge Kiyo A. Matsumoto in the Eastern District of New York.
Prior to joining Barclay Damon, Wil practiced litigation at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP.
- Worked on a team representing a large regional bank in New York State court in breach of contract and alleged fraud action; obtained dismissal of all claims in the First Department Appellate Division.
- Worked on a team representing a large regional bank in federal class action brought by customers who were defrauded and claimed the bank aided and abetted that fraud; obtained dismissal on personal jurisdiction and federal statutory grounds.
- Worked on a team representing a large regional bank in a federal court case brought by hedge fund investors who claimed the bank, as a service provider to the investors' hedge fund, breached fiduciary duties and was responsible for their investment losses; obtained dismissal on personal jurisdiction and standing and statute of limitations grounds which was summarily affirmed by the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Hamilton College, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Legislative Advocacy Clinic with the NY Civil Liberties Union
- Executive Editor, New York Law School Law Review
- New York Law School's Alfred L. Rose Award for Excellence
- New York Law School's Excellence in the Law of Evidence Award
- Federal Bar Council's Cornelius W. Wickersham Jr. Award: Constitutional Law
- NYLS Center for Business and Financial Law, John Marshall Harlan Scholar
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, Litigation Associate, Summer Associate
- US District Court to the Honorable Kiyo A. Matsumoto, Judicial Extern
- Clifford Chance US LLP, Law Clerk