Thomas Drury is Co-Chair of our Torts & Products Liability Defense Practice Area. Tom possesses extensive experience as a trial attorney in matters involving toxic torts, medical malpractice, products liability and general negligence. He has been heavily involved in the defense of trucking companies in the context of transportation law and has defended many of their drivers over time. Most recently, he has also handled aviation law including the defense of FlightSafety International with respect to the crash of Colgan Flight #3407 in Clarence, New York back in February 2009 and he has also handled the defense of Century Flight Systems, Inc. relative to another air crash. He was actively engaged in the defense of numerous keyboard cases which were part of the repetitive stress injury claims that were being filed in increasing numbers across the country.
Prior to entering private practice, Tom assisted in the development of a model campaign finance law for the National Municipal League. He then went on to work as a law clerk for the United States Department of Justice in its Anti-Trust Division.
- Hunter College, B.A., 1977
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1980
- New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- The Best Lawyers in America 2017 Buffalo Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year"
- Business First of Buffalo, 2015, 2016 Legal Elite of Western New York
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017 for Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Selected by Peer Review for Inclusion in Super Lawyer Directory, 2014, 2016 for Personal Injury Defense: General
- Super Lawyers Magazine: 2014 Top 10 Upstate New York Attorneys
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner
- United States Department of Justice, Anti-Trust Division