Teresa M. Bennett
Barclay Damon Tower
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
Teresa primarily advises on issues involving contracts, commercial property leases and disputes, creditors’ rights, and employment concerns, including non-compete and confidentiality agreements. Her clients mainly include banking institutions, commercial real estate developers, and various creditors.
- Represents financial institutions in the recovery of commercial debt and collateral, including, most recently, representing a national bank in the foreclosure of a resort lake residential development and a private lender in the foreclosure of a high-end resort in the Adirondacks.
- Represents financial institutions in the recovery of fraudulent loans.
- Defends municipalities, district attorneys, police, and corrections officers against federal and state civil rights claims, including claims asserted under the Fourth and Eighth Amendments and claims for false arrest, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, and abuse of process.
- Represents developers in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented a finance company to secure and execute a $3.6 million judgment, including the appointment of a receiver to address the fraudulent conveyance of the assets of the judgment debtors.
- Represented an individual in a contested proceeding to probate a will, including matters taken on appeal to the Court of Appeals, and obtained a favorable resolution for the client.