Tarky works with clients in the energy, health care, insurance, telecommunications, and transportation industries. A former New York State senator, he has advised on governmental affairs for several of the largest independent energy producers in the United States, a national natural gas supplier, cogeneration developers, and industrial clients that self-generate power.
During 27 years of public service, Tarky authored and sponsored legislation that resulted in numerous changes to New York State law. His contributions to New York State’s health care regulation and legislation are recognized nationwide. He has contributed to many publications on the subject and is a sought-after speaker on health care legislation. He also advocates on behalf of nonprofit organizations in arts and culture.
As a state senator, Tarky served on the Governor’s Council on Health Care Financing and chaired the Cultural Industry, Finance, Health, and Public Authorities Committees.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.S.
- New-York Historical Society, Board of Trustees Member
- Syracuse University, Board of Trustees Member and Former Vice-Chair
- Syracuse University College of Law Honorary Doctorate of Law
- State University of New York Honorary Doctorate Degree
- Gilberti Stinziano Heintz & Smith, P.C., Of Counsel
- Former New York State Senator
- Former City of Syracuse Councilmember