Sharyn Rogers primarily practices in the areas of health care, medical malpractice and nursing home defense. Her focus includes the defense of professional negligence claims against hospitals, physicians, and nursing homes, and workers' compensation claims. She advises and represents health care and mental health care providers on patient treatment issues and consent, confidentiality and HIPAA issues, responses to subpoenas and requests for medical and mental health records and peer review records.
She is involved in all aspects of her matters, from discovery through resolution, including trial. She also represents and advises clients who are not direct parties to the litigation, but who are involved under subpoena or as witnesses. She advises her clients on compliance with state and federal laws and regulations that apply to their confidential records and information. She has also represented professional clients under investigation by state agencies. She has handled mental hygiene hearings for hospitals and others pertaining to patient requests for discharge, treatment over objection, and assisted out-patient treatment.
Prior to entering private practice Sharyn was an Assistant District Attorney in Erie County (Buffalo), New York, responsible for prosecution of criminal cases.
She has lectured to various groups on health care matters, HIPAA confidentiality and medical malpractice.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 1970
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.A., 1972
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1977
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers of Western New York
- Defense Trial Lawyers Association of Western New York
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law Alumni Association, past Board Of Directors, past Vice-President, past Secretary
- Erie County Bar Association, past Board of Directors
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated, the highest possible rating, for legal ability and ethical standards.
- Damon Morey LLP, Senior Counsel