Bob’s tenure on The National Medicaid Fraud Central Advisory Group provided him with insight on the federal agencies’ implementation of fraud control initiatives and fraud control procedures for the new State Medicaid Management Payment System, E-MEDNY. He was the liaison with the State Attorney General’s office in areas of potential Medicaid criminal activity and coordinated numerous joint projects with that agency.
- Represents clients on health care issues related to reimbursement, audits, licensure, criminal and business transactional issues.
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- State University of New York at Oneonta, B.A., 1972
- New York, 1976
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- "Withhold Now and Ask Questions Later - Withholds and Recoveries of Medicaid Overpayments by OMIG," NYSBA Health Law Journal, Spring 2014
- Frequent Continuing Legal Education lecturer on the topics of ethics and Medicaid law.
- Regularly provides presentations to health care professional associations.
- New York State Department of Health, Assistant Medicaid Inspector General
- New York State Department of Social Services, Director of Bureau of Program Integrity
- New York State Department of Social Services, Deputy Counsel, Medicaid Fraud Control
- New York State Department of Social Services, Assistant Counsel, Bureau of Administrative Hearings