Bob Latella has over 40 years of experience in serving business entities both as an attorney and manager. Throughout his career, Bob has experienced first-hand the needs of businesses facing a multitude of issues and the integration of legal, financial, and operational considerations needed to successfully implement business strategies. His career has included service as a law firm partner, including at Barclay Damon, which he joined in 2005, and as a senior executive officer in a large privately held business with plants in several states and a diversified publicly held company. Each of these entities were highly active in building their business platforms and Bob’s experience included strategic planning, acquisition and divestiture of assets, and managing the complex integration of newly purchased entities into overall operations. He also served as the first elected managing partner of one of Rochester’s oldest and most prominent corporate law firms.
These experiences have allowed him to understand relevant issues from the client’s perspective, the cost of representation, and the interaction of other considerations while remaining focused on the legal issues and solutions needed to pursue corporate and business strategies. Bob’s experience also includes extensive service counseling boards of directors with respect to the governance and fiduciary responsibilities forming the context of today’s board decision process. This experience has also led to engagements to conduct sensitive internal investigations. Bob currently is on the board of directors of a publicly held financial institution and has served as chair of that corporation’s Risk Oversight Committee.
Bob currently is on the board of directors of a publicly held financial institution and its wholly-owned community bank, where he currently serves as Board of Directors chairman, having previously served as chair of that corporation’s Risk Oversight Committee and its Management Development & Compensation Committee.
- Handle business transactions for clients including public and privately held corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, and not-for-profit corporations.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 1968
- Vanderbilt University, LL.B., 1967
- Fordham University, B.A., 1964
- New York, 1967
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- University of Rochester Medical Center, Board of Directors 2001 - (Chair, 2011 -2012); Member, Executive Committee; Member Compensation and Conflict of Interests Committee; and Chair, Audit & Risk Assessment Committee.
- Strong Partners Health System, Inc., Board Directors 1997 - (Chair 1997-2008).
- Highland Hospital of Rochester, Board of Directors 1984 – 2011 (Chair 1994-96).
- Monroe Community College, Member, Board of Trustees 1984-2006 (Chair, 1998-99); Trustee Emeritus, 2006 -
- Financial Institutions, Inc. and Five Star Bank, Board of Directors, 2005 - (Chair, 2014 - ); Vice Chair, 2012 – 2014, Chair Risk Oversight Committee, 2007 – 2011; Chair, Management Development & Compensation Committee, 2011 – 2014.
- Guest Speaker, 10th Annual Healthcare Compliance Conference, University of Rochester Medical Center, October 2008
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- Includes legal and business management experiences as law firm partner and managing partner; chief financial officer, of large privately-held corporation; and chief operating officer of a diversified public corporation, respectively.