Richard Yellen has practiced law in Buffalo for more than 45 years, during which time he has advised families and individuals, entrepreneurs, business owners and managers on a wide range of matters including business and commercial law, securities and franchise offerings, and real estate transactions & development. He also provides clients with estate planning & administration, including structuring complex estates, drafting wills, trusts and related instruments and administering probate.
He also practices in commercial and general civil litigation, including contract-related disputes, bankruptcy and insolvency, partnership and similar governance, control disputes and family and matrimonial matters.
In the full range of his practice, Richard is recognized for his effective and practical legal advice and his focus on the concerns and needs of his clients. He has also taught seminars and delivered lectures to his fellow attorneys and to member of other professionals on developments in Business and Real Estate law.
In addition, Richard served in the United States Army from 1960-1964. He subsequently served in the United States Army Reserve, having achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Cornell University, B.A., 1960
- Columbia University, LL.B., 1963
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Cornell Club of Western New York
- Kadimah School of Buffalo, Past Director
- Hebrew Benvolent Loan Association, Past President and Director
- Congregation Beth Abraham, Israel Bonds
- The Holocaust Resource Center
- Damon Morey LLP, Special Counsel