Rance Reynolds has more than 40 years of legal experience in multiple areas including civil litigation, medical malpractice and public law.
Upon graduation from law school, Rance worked as special counsel to New York State Senator William Smith from 1970-1973. He went on to become Chief Trial Attorney for Chemung County District Attorney's Office for over ten years. He was then promoted to Assistant County Attorney in 1984, followed by County Attorney in 1989. He remained in that role until 2000. In 1984, Rance joined the Elmira law firm of Davidson & O'Mara where he handled complex civil litigation and medical malpractice cases throughout Upstate New York.
He served as a member of the New York State Judicial Screening Committee for the Third Department from 1997-2000 and again in 2002. He currently serves on the Committee for Professional Standards for the Third Department of which he has been a member since 2011.
Rance received his bachelor's degree from Colgate University and his law degree from Albany Law School of Union University. While in law school, Rance served as the Comments Editor for the Law Review.
Rance is a member of the New York State Bar Association and is admitted to practice in New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
- Colgate University, B.S., 1966
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., Comments Editor, Law Review, 1970
- New York, 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- Davidson & O'Mara
- New York Assembly Minority Leader, Special Counsel
- Chemung County, County Attorney
- Chemung County District Attorney's Office, Chief Trial Attorney
- New York State Senator William Smith, Special Counsel