Michelle DeKay represents individuals and businesses in various defense litigation matters. Her experience with torts and products liability cases have covered suits regarding New York State labor laws, personal injury and professional and product liability claims.
Previously Michelle was an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Syracuse where she represented the City against a wide range of claims in both state and federal court. Michelle has experience with arbitrations involving local unions, providing counsel on issues related to employee discipline and labor management, negotiating collective bargaining agreements with local unions and conducting civil service hearings and discrimination complaints brought before the New York State Division of Human Rights.
Michelle is a member of the firm's Women's Forum, a group which assists women attorneys in creating successful strategies for leadership development, client development, professional development and marketing.
- Represents property owners, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors in defense of construction accident claims.
- Represents individuals and large corporations in the defense of various personal injury and negligence claims.
- Represents property owners and landlords in defense of premise liability claims.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Connecticut, B.A., 2004
- New York, 2009
- New York State Bar Association
- NDNY Federal Court Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- Vera House, Legal Clinic Volunteer
- Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 Rising Star for Personal Injury: General
- Recipient of 2012-2014 Honor Roll of Pro Bono Service for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- City of Syracuse Office of the Corporation Counsel, Assistant Corporation Counsel
- The Law Office of Stuart Meissner, LLC, Summer Associate
- Smith Barney/Citigroup Global Markets Inc., General Counsel’s Office, Summer Associate