Mike Blasik has extensive energy and regulatory experience. He focuses his practice on negotiating contracts and financings, real estate agreements, and title matters for renewable energy projects and on contract management.
Mike’s background includes serving as senior counsel for 16 years at Edison Mission and at Citizens Power, a predecessor entity. His primary responsibilities there were support of the electricity trading group in negotiating and drafting transaction documents, serving as counsel for the trading operation with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and negotiating and managing complex restructuring transactions of qualifying facility contracts. He also supported the wind development group.
Mike is experienced in drafting ISDA agreements, EEI agreements, and more complicated contracts used in energy trading and renewable energy.
In addition to serving as of counsel at Barclay Damon, Mike is a partner at the law firm McCauley Lyman LLC. He has been a partner there for five years.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- University of Colorado, M.B.A., 1990
- United States Naval Academy, B.S., 1983
- Massachusetts, 1996
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Edison Mission Marketing & Trading, Inc., Vice President and Senior Counsel
- Citizens Lehman Power LLC/Citizens Power, LLC, Vice President and Counsel
- US Navy, Lieutenant, submarine service