Mike Arnold is of counsel at the firm as a member of the Commercial Litigation Practice Group, focusing on creditors’ rights and insolvency. In addition, Mike was appointed in 1996 to serve as Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee for the Western District of New York. In that role, he reviews bankruptcy petitions, conducts examinations of debtors, and handles all aspects of case administration including adversary proceedings, collections, claims review, sale of assets, and actions to pursue preferential and fraudulent transfers. Mike has also served as Perinton town justice since 2000.
Prior to joining Barclay Damon, Mike was a partner in Place & Arnold, representing clients in all types of bankruptcy proceedings, real property matters, wills and estates, family law, criminal, and general litigation matters.
Mike is a graduate of the State University of Buffalo School of Law and the State University of Buffalo School of Business Management.
- Appointed by the Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York to serve as Chapter 11 trustee of a multi-million real estate rental/sales company. Took control of the company and worked with various stakeholders to continue operating the company and bring it back to solvency.
- Represented a number of local businesses and individuals in Chapter 11 proceedings and successfully represented hundreds of individuals in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 proceedings.
- As Chapter 7 trustee, assumed control of a closed manufacturing plant, removed toxic chemicals from the premises, closed a landfill, and sold the property to a new concern, thereby returning funds to creditors and preventing the creation of another brownfield in New York State.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Business Management, B.S.
- New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Magistrates Association
- Monroe County Magistrates Association
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Perinton Town Justice
- Rochester Teen Court Judge
- Perinton Republican Committee, Town Leader, 1996-2000
- The Fairport-Perinton Merchants Association, former Vice President and Counsel
- Fairport Canal Days, Co-Chair, 2001 and 2002
- Frequent lecturer at Continuing Legal Education seminars
- Fairport Middle Schools, Guest Speaker
- William E. McKnight Award for Volunteer Legal Services, 1999
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, AV Preeminnet
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- Place & Arnold, Partner
- Village of Mount Morris, Village Attorney
- Saperston & Day, Associate
- New York City Office of Corporation Counsel, Family Court Division Deputy Borough Chief