Melissa is a senior associate in the Public Finance and Financial Institutions & Lending Practice Areas.
Melissa serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel, and counsel to credit enhancement providers and direct purchasers on a variety of general obligation and revenue bond transactions, including financings for school districts, municipalities, higher education institutions, health care providers, and affordable housing projects. Her experience includes public offerings, private placements, and direct purchases.
Melissa serves as agency counsel to several industrial development agencies and local development corporations in connection with straight-lease transactions and tax-exempt and taxable revenue bond issuances, and provides day-to-day advice to IDA and LDC clients on compliance and governance.
Melissa also represents institutional lenders in secured commercial financing transactions, including conventional real estate mortgages, secured lines of credit, and construction loans.
Melissa is a member of the firm's Women's Forum, a group that fosters both professional development of the women attorneys of the firm and relationships between the firm's women attorneys and other women professionals in the community. Melissa is also a member of the firm’s Next Generation Committee, which is tasked with learning about and advising the firm’s senior leaders on trends in the legal industry.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, ABA Journal of Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, Student Editor, Buffalo Human Rights Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 2011
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2005
- New York, 2012
- Massachusetts, 2011
- New York State Economic Development Council
- New York State Association of School Business Officials
- New York State Government Finance Officers’ Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc., Legal Intern
- Affordable Housing Clinic at SUNY Buffalo Law School, Student Attorney
- Lemery Greisler LLC, Summer Associate
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Legal Assistant