Matthew J. Rosno focuses his practice on litigated tort defense, professional liability, and appellate advocacy. Matthew represents individuals and businesses in a wide-range of tort defense matters, including simple accidents, complex construction-related catastrophes, and medical malpractice. Matthew also regularly represents municipalities in a variety of tort actions including premises liability, roadway design defect, negligent sewer maintenance, and workplace discrimination actions as well as defending Civil Rights claims brought against municipalities and police departments.
Matthew has litigated tort cases from inception to trial across Upstate New York as lead trial counsel. Matthew has acted as lead trial counsel and litigated cases to verdict including handling jury selection, the presentation of evidence, the questioning of witnesses and expert witnesses, and delivering opening and closing statements.
Matthew graduated summa cum laude from Elmira College and received his law degree from the University at Buffalo. While in law school, Matthew was a member of the Jessup Moot Court Board and the Buffalo Human Rights Law Review. He also served as an intern and law clerk to multiple organizations and law firms while in law school.
- Secured summary judgment for a hospital in a personal injury lawsuit based upon a workplace injury.
- Assisted successful defense of ready-mix concrete producer in products liability lawsuit wherein it was alleged that the client’s failure to warn resulted in substantial personal injury.
- Represented beverage distribution center in liability trial based on a motor vehicle accident between a delivery truck and a motorcycle that resulted in substantial personal injury.
- Provided advice to local municipality on property leasing issues including drafting lease agreements.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a school district in a personal injury lawsuit that arose from an altercation between two students.
- Represented insurance companies in numerous personal injury and Labor Law actions against insured motor vehicle drivers and property owners.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., Jessup Moot Court Board Member, Buffalo Human Rights Law Review, 2009
- Elmira College, B.S., summa cum laude, 2006
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- Chemung County Bar Association
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Davidson & O'Mara, Associate
- Hagelin Kent, LLC, Associate